Steve Johnson says he`s with Fitz 100%

Did not see it posted anywhere...

Was to be expected with the season he had with Fitz, but still nice to see our top receiver fully backing up the QB.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/26685/steve-johnson-im-with-fitz-100-percent

Well you have to admit Stevie has loyality to fitzy. You have got to love that the bills are a good group with alot of character. And that they are a close nit football team....That has to say something for things to come....If the bills at all had any resembelance of a run defense this last season would of been alot different...Im not saying playoffs but i am talking over 500....Now we ar ein a position to take a great player in the draft...Nix better not flop on this one.

Who else would he be backing? We have no other QBs on our roster.

He could have backed that we should draft a QB with pick #3 , or he could have said we have to look at every scenario with the draft coming, but he went out of his way to say he is 100% behind Fitz ....kind of like you that goes out of his way to say something stupid without being smart enough to understand the meaning of Johnson`s statement.

He could have backed that we should draft a QB with pick #3 , or he could have said we have to look at every scenario with the draft coming, but he went out of his way to say he is 100% behind Fitz ....kind of like you that goes out of his way to say something stupid without being smart enough to understand the meaning of Johnson`s statement.

No he could not have. Even if that was really what he was feeling, NO wide receiver is going to say that, except for maybe TO.

It's nice to see Stevie say it, but it should be taken with a political grain of salt as the usual "coach speak" we see from players and coaches.

If we were to bring in a different QB, I guarantee Stevie would be just as much "behind them 100%", as he should be.

No he could not have. Even if that was really what he was feeling, NO wide receiver is going to say that, except for maybe TO.

It's nice to see Stevie say it, but it should be taken with a political grain of salt as the usual "coach speak" we see from players and coaches.

If we were to bring in a different QB, I guarantee Stevie would be just as much "behind them 100%", as he should be.

He could have easily said that whatever happens he`s 100% with what ever the Bills decide to do, and that would have been ok with everybody...but he did say he`s 100% with Fitz, to me it`s pretty clear he wants him back as the starter this year, but of course if they do draft a QB and make him the starter he won`t be saying anything negative to the media.

He could have easily said that whatever happens he`s 100% with what ever the Bills decide to do, and that would have been ok with everybody...but he did say he`s 100% with Fitz, to me it`s pretty clear he wants him back as the starter this year, but of course if they do draft a QB and make him the starter he won`t be saying anything negative to the media.

Well, if Gailey is to be believed (and he should be) then Fitz is the starter next year no matter what happens. And he should be. Its also the perfect situation to bring a rookie into right now. Fitz is the established, serviceable veteran signal caller. We can play Fitz this year and give the rookie a full year to come up to speed with the Pro game and offense.

The real time to ask that question would be after this season if Fitz isnt extended. Since this is his last year under contract. Then the players would have to choose between the untested new guy, or the free agent veteran. :thumbsup:

Go Bills!

Edited by DrDankenstein

I like that Stevie offered the WR position as the first alternate, it not only showed his loyalty to Fitz but it also displayed his confidence in himself and showed that he is willing to put the team's welfare first.

Edited by Tipster19

Well, if Gailey is to be believed (and he should be) then Fitz is the starter next year no matter what happens. And he should be. Its also the perfect situation to bring a rookie into right now. Fitz is the established, serviceable veteran signal caller. We can play Fitz this year and give the rookie a full year to come up to speed with the Pro game and offense.

The real time to ask that question would be after this season if Fitz isnt extended. Since this is his last year under contract. Then the players would have to choose between the untested new guy, or the free agent veteran. :thumbsup:

Go Bills!

I`m with you on this one, it is the perfect situation to bring in a rookie QB, the only thing I`m not sure there is one worthy of pick #3 in this draft, or do we go after Kaepernick in rd 2, or we wait next year to go QB (Luck, Barkley and Jones) ....personally I would go defense and and right tackle this year as priority but that`s totally another debate being discussed in other topics on this board...

I`m with you on this one, it is the perfect situation to bring in a rookie QB, the only thing I`m not sure there is one worthy of pick #3 in this draft, or do we go after Kaepernick in rd 2, or we wait next year to go QB (Luck, Barkley and Jones) ....personally I would go defense and and right tackle this year as priority but that`s totally another debate being discussed in other topics on this board...

IMO, if there isnt a QB worth taking #3 overall, then there isnt a QB worth taking at all. Any later round QB is just a waste of a pick.

This team doesnt need a QB, it has a QB. It needs an UPGRADE at QB, and given Fitz's experience he's at least 2-3 years ahead of any rookie. The question is "Do any of these guys have the potential to be better than Fitz". IMO, the only QBs that would fit into that would be worthy of the #3 pick.

If we don't identify any QBs of being worth #3 overall, then extend Fitz for 5 years and build the team around him. And worry about upgrading him later.

I'm not sure that there is a QB worthy of the #3 pick. But I am sure that I dont want to waste a later pick on a "good" QB. All or nothing. Franchise or Fitz. IMO.

IMO, if there isnt a QB worth taking #3 overall, then there isnt a QB worth taking at all. Any later round QB is just a waste of a pick.

This team doesnt need a QB, it has a QB. It needs an UPGRADE at QB, and given Fitz's experience he's at least 2-3 years ahead of any rookie. The question is "Do any of these guys have the potential to be better than Fitz". IMO, the only QBs that would fit into that would be worthy of the #3 pick.

If we don't identify any QBs of being worth #3 overall, then extend Fitz for 5 years and build the team around him. And worry about upgrading him later.

I'm not sure that there is a QB worthy of the #3 pick. But I am sure that I dont want to waste a later pick on a "good" QB. All or nothing. Franchise or Fitz. IMO.

I think we are on the same page here. Regardless of what they do in the draft, Fitz is going to be the man in 2011 (assuming there is no work stoppage) and probably 2012, too. Having a serviceable starter that you HOPE to improve upon affords the Bills the luxury of taking a gamble on one of these young QBs -- and giving him the time to develop a la Aaron Rogers. The only problem with that scenario is that the Bills have so many other needs that HAVE to be addressed (especially on defense) -- and do you want to pass on guys in the first two rounds who can be instant starters at other positions for a young QB who MAY be better than what we have now in a couple of years? The conventional wisdom is that if you believe strongly that the prospect will be a franchise QB, you DO make that pick. Me, personally -- I do not feel THAT strongly about any of these QBs this year. I understand the rare talents that Newton possesses, but there certainly are many questions as well. I don't know enough about Gabbert to comment -- and neither Mallet nor Locker (the other two potential franchise QBs) appear to be in the discussion at #3 overall. I guess we have to trust that Chan/Buddy and the scouts know what they are doing.

Did not see it posted anywhere...

Was to be expected with the season he had with Fitz, but still nice to see our top receiver fully backing up the QB.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/26685/steve-johnson-im-with-fitz-100-percent

Maybe Stone Hands needs to be out catching a million balls to get his skills better instead of trying to get attention. Didn't he learn anything from last year or is he going to develop into another T.O. and be all about himself? Who do you want him to back? Levi? Brohm is history, and even if they used the #3 pick on a QB, unless something really strange happens, Fitz is going to start the season at #1, so of course he backs him.

Maybe Stone Hands needs to be out catching a million balls to get his skills better instead of trying to get attention. Didn't he learn anything from last year or is he going to develop into another T.O. and be all about himself? Who do you want him to back? Levi? Brohm is history, and even if they used the #3 pick on a QB, unless something really strange happens, Fitz is going to start the season at #1, so of course he backs him.

Check out the link to see where ''Stone Hands'' ranks in drop passes...

http://stats.nj.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2010&range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

This is a complete non-story. Is there any way that he would EVER say different publicly? The only story is if he were to say the opposite.

How, exactly, was Steve Johnson "trying to get attention"?

The problem is that the Bills need a QB...we just gotta have one!!

We need to be careful to get one that can throw the ball well, and make a bunch of rat tag receivers appear as a strength this team. He needs to be smart, and not from some community college in Cambridge, with a 2 on his Wonderlic. It would also help if the guy didn't have a bunch of character issues, and he was the kind of guy that wore his wedding ring on the field...somebody without a serious liquor habit.

I don't know where we are going to find a guy like that, and although Gabbert wasn't good in college, I'm sure he'll figure it out in the pros...no doubt.

We HAVE TO DRAFT A QB!!!!

Well you have to admit Stevie has loyality to fitzy. You have got to love that the bills are a good group with alot of character. And that they are a close nit football team....That has to say something for things to come....If the bills at all had any resembelance of a run defense this last season would of been alot different...Im not saying playoffs but i am talking over 500....Now we ar ein a position to take a great player in the draft...Nix better not flop on this one.

yep , they are a 5 -6 win team "you can feel good about" . Sad.

Before crying foul like a little girl, Nix is on record many times saying that all options in the draft are open, that Fitz is not going to be with the starting QB forever, and that he's building for the next 10 years, not just 2011. It's a foregone conclusion that the Bills will be drafting a QB somewhere in this draft, but, barring injury, he will not see the field in 2011. So, whatever Johnson says, it's a non-issue.

Stevie and Fitz not only put up solid numbers together, their skill sets compliment eachother considering neither are 'Tier one' type players. I'll explain.

JP Losman had one strength, throwing the deep ball to Lee Evans while he streaked down the field. Stevie does not posess the speed to have been successful with JP, therefore they never would have been productive as a pair. JP's reads tended to be over the top and never saw WR's 'underneath.' JP also scrambled out of the pocket too often and had a difficult time making accurate throws on the run; he never would have even seen Stevie get open once plays broke down or took time to develope.

As we all know, Trent ripped through his reads too quickly and always looked to the RB as an outlet. Once again, Stevies 'zig zagging' and instinct to find openings were useless because by the time he was open, Marshawn and Freddie already had the ball in the air and heading their direction. Not to mention, T.O. was on the field and forced Stevie to a reduced roster spot with limited play.

Fitz tends to hang in the pocket and maintain some level of poise. His willingess to wait for plays to develope which allowed Stevie to get open, allowed balls to get thrown to Stevie at different levels depending on the routes he was running. Fitz also scrambled just enough to keep plays alive or take them for decent gains on the ground. Defenses had to stay honest and defend the QB as well as the receivers even with the sometime porous line we had.

I think the two of them were a decent marriage of skill-sets. Just my two cents.