Jack Kemp in Buffalo News

The GOP needs more people like Kemp and less of Palin, Bachmann, Gingrich, etc.

PTR

Both parties need more people like Kemp. The polarization between the parties has never been greater than it is now, at least in my lifetime. I cannot support either extreme.

Both parties need more people like Kemp. The polarization between the parties has never been greater than it is now, at least in my lifetime. I cannot support either extreme.

Whether a person was inclined to agree or not with his political philosophy he was the type of person you respected. With him it was about promoting the "ideas", not bringing down the person with the opposing view.

What is paradoxical is that although he held very strong conservative and libertarian views he was in the forefront of the NFL union movement and he was also bravely involved in the civil rights of black players when it wasn't a popular thing to do.

Whether a person was inclined to agree or not with his political philosophy he was the type of person you respected. With him it was about promoting the "ideas", not bringing down the person with the opposing view.

What is paradoxical is that although he held very strong conservative and libertarian views he was in the forefront of the NFL union movement and he was also bravely involved in the civil rights of black players when it wasn't a popular thing to do.

Well said JohnC.