Quarterbacks Behaving Badly

CosmicBills

QBs Behaving Badly  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these acts offended you more?

• Mike Vick's Dog Fighting
    • Big Ben's two counts of alleged sexual assault

Marcus Vick seems headed to the big house also, it's a family of psychos.

The guard at the bathroom door episode speaks to deeper issues for Ben as well, IMO.

Still I think the nature of Ben's problem makes him the more likely to re-offend and when he does...

He should move to Cambodia or El Salvador, there, a couple of grand to the police after the fact, and you can do pretty much whatever you want, no repercussions.

I could easily see a situation where people that are going into a public bathroom to have sex (especially someone famous), would have someone stand at the door to deter people from entering. That doesn't mean he was intending to rape the girl (she did enter the bathroom with him on her on free will, as far as I know).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This part doesn't make so much sense. How is maiming and torturing a dog any better or worse than killing other small animals for fun?

in one respect, you're right, it isn't any different. in both cases, we're talking about senseless animal abuse. i guess what i'm trying to say is that it's like the difference between how you treat different types of cars.

say you've got a used beat-up SUV or pickup that you and your friends use to go off-roading and throw muddy gear in it all the time. you don't wash it too often, you might let some rust develop. you don't really treat it well, and it serves a particular purpose to you. and when it breaks down and isn't worth restoring, it might be fun to beat the **** out of it.

but now imagine you've got a new maserati, or even a new camry or something. you want it too look good. you take good care of it. you might want your kids to wipe their feet before they get in. you need it to get you to work and you want to look good in it. it serves a different purpose than the hooptie truck mentioned above, and it means something else to you. and therefore, you treat it differently.

now, i'm not trying to say killing/torturing a dog is no different than mistreating a truck, but i hope i better explained how some might consider abusing a certain type of animal as "better or worse" than mistreating another.

using the car metaphor, i guess it's the difference between someone driving their no-longer-useful truck into a field and setting it on fire vs keying someone else's car while it's sitting in their driveway.

again, i still think it's terrible what vick did to those dogs, but i don't see him as some insane psychopath. different strokes.