Why is this anti-gay Leviticus tattoo extra absurd?

Booster4324

Faith in God is one thing. Faith in man is something completely different.

again, i'm not arguing your faith in God. I probably share many similar beliefs. I'm arguing the fact that men were the ones to decide what got included and what didn't, most likely by how much $omeone lobbied to get their $tories included in the bible.

Yeah, like the baker who got that whole body of Christ business to go over so well. Cha-ching! :P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your answer sounds like a load of crap to me.

One thing I will add to the discussion is that the scripture does not say that he found his wife in the land of Nod, but that he "knew" her as seen here in the NKJV of Genesis Chapter 4:

16 Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden. 17 And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch.

"Knew" is a common word in the Bible and it just means that they had sex in this usage. It's used all throughout the text when explaining the conception of alot of the people named in the Bible. Like I stated before, Cain's wife was likely his sister who's birth was not chronicled in the pages of the Bible. In looking at this also it seems as though they were likely already married and she had traveled with him.

One thing I will add to the discussion is that the scripture does not say that he found his wife in the land of Nod, but that he "knew" her as seen here in the NKJV of Genesis Chapter 4:

"Knew" is a common word in the Bible and it just means that they had sex in this usage. It's used all throughout the text when explaining the conception of alot of the people named in the Bible. Like I stated before, Cain's wife was likely his sister who's birth was not chronicled in the pages of the Bible. In looking at this also it seems as though they were likely already married and she had traveled with him.

That's a pretty large set of assumptions.

Not that it's wrong...it's just a pretty large set of assumptions. I'd always assumed that Genesis is a literary work focusing on the Jewish tribes and their creation, and not humanity as a whole, and therefore Cain's wife as a Gentile was not "created" by God...but again, that's a rather large set of assumptions. Frankly, any interpretation of where Cain's wife was born or where he met her is conjecture - Genesis says what it says, nothing more.

Umm. Wait. So you'd prefer the explanation that Cain banged his sister to Tom's "There's people out there in Nod" explanation?

If you want, I'll give you a spiritual mulligan.

Edited by Peace

Umm. Wait. So you'd prefer the explanation that Cain banged his sister to Tom's "There's people out there in Nod" explanation?

If you want, I'll give you a spiritual mulligan.

Yeah...but depending on your interpretation, God created people in Eden, and anyone cretated outside Eden is therefore not "people". So - again, depending on your interpretation - it's a choice between incest and bestiality.

Yeah...but depending on your interpretation, God created people in Eden, and anyone cretated outside Eden is therefore not "people". So - again, depending on your interpretation - it's a choice between incest and bestiality.

Sheeple.