What Vegas thinks

Kgun5

WOW.  I can't believe the Bills are -3.  While I hope it's true, I can't see the Bills being favored by 3.  It actually means they are favored by 6 because the home team gets 2.5 to 3 for just being at home!

159111[/snapback]

Here's the link...Naturally, it's "Early Lines", so they may change by the time the mainstream goes public with theirs. I've used this site for years, and have only seen them really botch one game (they were off by 2 points from the opening "mainstream" line.)

Early Lines

It has nothing to do with who will win the game, only the way they think the betting will go.  They are trying to get as close to even as possible.  Obviously they think the betting will trend toward Buffalo.

159138[/snapback]

While this is very true, I'd be surprised if teams that were "favored" by Vegas weren't winning at a .750 clip over the years. In fact, that's a good idea for a google search.

While this is very true, I'd be surprised if teams that were "favored" by Vegas weren't winning at a .750 clip over the years.  In fact, that's a good idea for a google search.

159141[/snapback]

Color me wrong:

Favorites winning

Home Favorites win straight-up 68.63% of the time while Away Favorites do so at a lower 62.34% clip.

While this is very true, I'd be surprised if teams that were "favored" by Vegas weren't winning at a .750 clip over the years.  In fact, that's a good idea for a google search.

159141[/snapback]

That can't be true because everyone who bet favorites would be millionaires by now.

60% sucess rate is phenomenal. Most do 50% with the spread so the sportbets win with the 10%.

The way Cincy has been playing, I'll take them PLUS 3 points all day long against Buffalo at home this weekend.    Thats a sucker bet.

159197[/snapback]

I wouldn't blame you, but I hope you'd be losing that bet.

I'm surprised the Bills are favored by 3.  I would put the line at pick 'em for the Broncos/Chiefs.

159099[/snapback]

You're clearly not watching the Chiefs play tonight. They look shriekingly awful. Right now, I'd put the Broncos/Chiefs line at at least 7.

The way Cincy has been playing, I'll take them PLUS 3 points all day long against Buffalo at home this weekend.     Thats a sucker bet.

159197[/snapback]

You be dat sucker! Apparently you haven't seen the transformation this team has undergone. They are a better than the Bengals and have the maturity and determination to beat a good team like the Bengals on the road. One other thing before you place your "sucker" bet. The Bengals were basically eliminated and may suffer a letdown. The Bills will not be letting down any time soon.

You're clearly not watching the Chiefs play tonight.  They look shriekingly awful.  Right now, I'd put the Broncos/Chiefs line at at least 7.

159202[/snapback]

KC isn't looking too good. However, I still can't see them being much of an underdog at home. KC at home still carries weight in the bettors minds and that's all that matters when it comes to the line. Denver hasn't been all that impressive of late either.