High School Wrestler refuses to face female wrestler

\GoBillsInDallas/

See, you piqued my curiosity and now you made me read that terrible article.

What a myopic piece of crap.

Written by a piece of crap. He used to be so good and he's not even that old and he's been living on his laurels for many years now......For every one of his human interest stories that pique my interest (Yankees having the Sunshine Camp kids in the stadium for midnight baseball), there are 50 stories that just bore me to tears.

SDS - thanks for putting it in perspective.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Written by a piece of crap. He used to be so good and he's not even that old and he's been living on his laurels for many years now......For every one of his human interest stories that pique my interest (Yankees having the Sunshine Camp kids in the stadium for midnight baseball), there are 50 stories that just bore me to tears.

SDS - thanks for putting it in perspective.

Reilly has to say that or he gets fired. It's political correctness. No one is allowed to stand up to these mindless fools. 95% of the support they get is fake. EVERY referee in MD would have given a girl and her parents support to their faces. 95% would tell you they should get the hell out their sport behind their backs. No one wants to be fired. No one wants complaints against them, so they just tow the PC line all the while saying things that I won't type here...

My son wrestled one season when he was six, but it really wasn't his gig. He's 10 now and we never talk about the sport... I decided to pop the question to him and see what his opinion was...

Me: Andrew. Do you remember when you used to wrestle?

Andrew: Yep.

Me: How would you feel if you had to wrestle a girl?

Andrew: I wouldn't like it.

Me: What do you mean?

Andrew: I wouldn't want to do it.

Me: Why?

Andrew: Because.

Me: Because why?

Andrew: I don't know. Because it's not right...

Me: What about boys. Would you wrestle other boys?

Andrew: Sure!

Me: But not girls?

Andrew: No. It's not right.

Now, totally by coincidence - my 6 year old daughter had 2 boys over today ages 5 and 6. My daughter suggested they wrestle and the 5-year old said, "Sure!". But he then told my daughter she needed to referee. I asked him why (because of this thread) and the 5-year old said, "Because you aren't supposed to fight girls..."

So there you go. A 5-year old and a 10-year old with more common sense than all these "progressive parents" and spineless athletic directors. THEY get it.

Reilly has to say that or he gets fired. It's political correctness. No one is allowed to stand up to these mindless fools. 95% of the support they get is fake. EVERY referee in MD would have given a girl and her parents support to their faces. 95% would tell you they should get the hell out their sport behind their backs. No one wants to be fired. No one wants complaints against them, so they just tow the PC line all the while saying things that I won't type here...

The part that does this the worst injustice is that if the majority were to just suggest that girls form their own teams to wrestle that the minority would suddenly be against it - due to equality.

...and the 5-year old said, "Because you aren't supposed to fight girls..."

A lot of that thought - the "fighting," though, is due to the WWE. It still makes me mad to think that many people think competitive wrestling is not much different then the WWE.