NEW MOCK DRAFT

BIllsNation

he could be the next julius peppers

+1

Quinn beat the NC linebacker record in the 40, set by Peppers. One of the 49'er analysts calls Quinn the next Freeney--just bigger, stronger, and faster. He's a humble guy who is chiseled like Hercules, will burn up the combine (hopefully there will be one), and his coach calls him The Beast. Gimme Quinn in RD1 and Kyle Rudolph in RD2, and we'll have the best LB and best TE in this draft.

+1

Quinn beat the NC linebacker record in the 40, set by Peppers. One of the 49'er analysts calls Quinn the next Freeney--just bigger, stronger, and faster. He's a humble guy who is chiseled like Hercules, will burn up the combine (hopefully there will be one), and his coach calls him The Beast. Gimme Quinn in RD1 and Kyle Rudolph in RD2, and we'll have the best LB and best TE in this draft.

im an ND fan so i love rudolph but i think he might be too injury prone but i would still love that pick

+1

Ughhhhhh

Edited by Bangarang

1. Robert Quinn DE/OLB UNC

2. Phil Taylor DT Baylor

3. Marvin Austin DT/DE UNC

4. Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU

4. Rashad Carmichael CB VT

5. DeAndre Mcdaniel S Clemson

6. Lee Ziemba OG Auburn

7. Stanley Havili FB USC

Your mock draft gives me a giant erection. Thank you for this!

I think Quinn (as a 3-4 OLB) is the best player in this draft. It's a good thing he didn't play this year because we would otherwise have no shot at him.

Regarding OP's mock. I have a few critiques. I don't think we're getting max value out of our 1st 3 picks. I don't have as many concerns with everything after the 3 round. However, we need to hit home runs in the 1st 3 rounds if we're going to turn things around and I just don't see that here.

1. Not a fan of Quinn at 3. He's an athletic freak but not BPA in my opinion.

2. We drafted Troup last year in the 2nd and don't think using a high 2nd is smart especially since we haven't truly seen what we can get out of Troup yet. We also have Kyle Williams. We can address other pressing needs with this pick.

3. I'm not so sure Marvin Austin will make it to the 3rd round. If he does, I don't think he's that good of a fit for our defense. I like him better as a DT in a 4-3.

4. I like Sheppard. If he lasts til the 4th round then I like this pick.

5. CB isn't as strong of a position as we thought it was. McGee is getting old and often injured. Drafting a replacement/insurance policy is good.

6. Never liked Ziemba.

7. Don't know much about Havili. Special teamer?

Edited by Bangarang

+1

Anybody know whether he's been invited? The NFL tries to not go sideways with the NCAA.

I suppose the Bills didn't get burned enough with Aaron Maybin, now you want to draft a player that didn't play a down all 2010 due to a suspension, guess that doesn't sound any alarm bells or send any red flags to you guys....

http://nwe.scout.com/2/1027958.html

Robert Quinn - North Carolina

Quinn could easily and probably will get drafted before Ryan Kerrigan, but without playing in 2010 due to some off-the-field issues, there certainly are some risks.

Granted, Quinn has physical talent to spare. That said, it remains to be seen whether he has progressed enough mentally on the football field to be able to transition to a very complicated 3-4 system.

"This [former] tarheel might be one of the biggest "boom or bust" guys to come out in a while"