Pick the next owner of the Bills

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to own the team?

• Terry Pegula
    • Tom Golisano
    • Bob Rich Jr.
    • Jeremy Jacobs
    • Other
    • I couldn't care less, as long as they stay in Buffalo

First of all, I would be shocked if just "one" person became the new owner of the Buffalo Bills. I chose "other" in your poll, because I am convinced that Jim Kelly and his ownership group will end up purchasing the team from the Wilson family after Ralph dies, and end up keeping the team here in the Western New York / greater Buffalo area.

That said, every person named in your poll, some people named in your poll, or none of the people named in your poll may end up being within the Kelly "group", and it's anyone's guess as to which member may end up representing the group as "majority owner."

It is nice to have a billionaire with cash back in his pocket (Golisano) and a new one (Pegula). I would not be shocked to see a group coalesce around Kelly.

Erie County's contribution to a new stadium is going to be a big issue for any new ownership group. No one wants to hear that but there's no way any new group won't make that a big condition of purchase. No one wants to pay for a new stadium...not the owners and not the county. But everyone knows it's necessary.

Edited by Peace

It is nice to have a billionaire with cash back in his pocket (Golisano) and a new one (Pegula). I would not be shocked to see a group coalesce around Kelly.

Erie County's contribution to a new stadium is going to be a big issue for any new ownership group. No one wants to hear that but there's no way any new group won't make that a big condition of purchase. No one wants to pay for a new stadium...not the owners and not the county. But everyone knows it's necessary.

typical "we need a new stadium" post. Why? no one has ever answered why? OP is a fine location, the stadium is still one of the largest in the NFL, and fans love it. Again, I'll consistently refer to Bill simmons article on why Lambeau, soldier field and the ralph are a dying breed of stadium - where the avg fan is on top of hte action no matter where and can afford to sit low to the field. The biggest factor to keeping the team in WNY is NO STADIUM DEBT. People need to realize this is a HUGE key to keeping us here. tacking on anohter 300mil to an alreay huge purchase sum is not going to happen.

Now, ownership and the county working together to upgrade the stadium for $50 or so is much more practical - get rid of the club seats which are hard to sell and increase stadium seats and another suite or two to keep revenues at or above where it is. a facelift of the Ralph like Solider and Lambeau is much more practical. Also, it would be nice to have a team in the AFC who's stadium has been around for 50-60 years, an original 6 AFL team that keeps the history of the AFL intact. In conjunction with an upgrade to the stadium we should have an AFL museum connected to honor those teams. It would be a huge draw for out of town fans and add to the overall worth of the team/stadium.

typical "we need a new stadium" post. Why? no one has ever answered why? OP is a fine location, the stadium is still one of the largest in the NFL, and fans love it. Again, I'll consistently refer to Bill simmons article on why Lambeau, soldier field and the ralph are a dying breed of stadium - where the avg fan is on top of hte action no matter where and can afford to sit low to the field. The biggest factor to keeping the team in WNY is NO STADIUM DEBT. People need to realize this is a HUGE key to keeping us here. tacking on anohter 300mil to an alreay huge purchase sum is not going to happen.

Now, ownership and the county working together to upgrade the stadium for $50 or so is much more practical - get rid of the club seats which are hard to sell and increase stadium seats and another suite or two to keep revenues at or above where it is. a facelift of the Ralph like Solider and Lambeau is much more practical. Also, it would be nice to have a team in the AFC who's stadium has been around for 50-60 years, an original 6 AFL team that keeps the history of the AFL intact. In conjunction with an upgrade to the stadium we should have an AFL museum connected to honor those teams. It would be a huge draw for out of town fans and add to the overall worth of the team/stadium.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Agree 100%. A new stadium does NOT guarantee cash flow - maybe in Dallas with all the corporate support and high income fans, but not in Buffalo.

Be wary of any ownership group demanding a new stadium in Buffalo - it's a sign that they simply do not understand WNY demographics. Have any of you noticed that Ralph has not asked for a new stadium? Ask yourself why. He gets it.

Well said. the ONLY thing the Ralph needs (besides a competitive team) is better bathrooms. Seriously, it shouldn't take me 25 minutes to piss. I wouldn't care if they lined up a bunch of porta-potties next to the bathrooms- quite frankly, it might add to the blue collar feel of the place. I hate the corporate, Sally-boy feeling that you get at some other teams' stadiums- but I digress. Face it, we tailgate hard and after a morning of drinking and eating, some of us might need to bleed the lizard a few times during the game. Until peeing on Pats/Jets/Fins fan is legal, we'll need a bathroom fix

Edited by saundena

I'd pick Pegula because he's the youngest and richest of the group. Golisano and Jacobs both have black marks against them as owners, and I don't know much about Rich. Thoughts?

As long as it's someone who loves the Bills, loves football, and wants to keep them in WNY, I'm for it. (The ability to hire a good GM is a big plus)

First of all, I would be shocked if just "one" person became the new owner of the Buffalo Bills. I chose "other" in your poll, because I am convinced that Jim Kelly and his ownership group will end up purchasing the team from the Wilson family after Ralph dies, and end up keeping the team here in the Western New York / greater Buffalo area.

That said, every person named in your poll, some people named in your poll, or none of the people named in your poll may end up being within the Kelly "group", and it's anyone's guess as to which member may end up representing the group as "majority owner."

God I hope so.

Well said. the ONLY thing the Ralph needs (besides a competitive team) is better bathrooms. Seriously, it shouldn't take me 25 minutes to piss. I wouldn't care if they lined up a bunch of porta-potties next to the bathrooms- quite frankly, it might add to the blue collar feel of the place. I hate the corporate, Sally-boy feeling that you get at some other teams' stadiums- but I digress. Face it, we tailgate hard and after a morning of drinking and eating, some of us might need to bleed the lizard a few times during the game. Until peeing on Pats/Jets/Fins fan is legal, we'll need a bathroom fix

That is some of the funniest **** I have read in a long time on here....good stuff!