Spiller C+

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C+ is very generous considering he was the single worst pick in the entire draft.

Look at Starks in Green Bay. Or Arian Foster. Heck, look at Fred Jackson. There are always plenty of serviceable running backs available in the NFL.

If you have a fearsome passing game and a solid line, there are plenty of young guys that can get in there and run hard and get production.

Wasting a top ten pick on a running back nonsense. Even if Spiller goes for 1000 yards and 10 TDs this coming season, the pick is still a huge waste.

I still think Spiller has a decent shot of becoming a solid slot receiver, if they go that route with him, though.

Edited by NaPolian8693

C+ is very generous considering he was the single worst pick in the entire draft.

Look at Starks in Green Bay. Or Arian Foster. Heck, look at Fred Jackson. There are always plenty of serviceable running backs available in the NFL.

If you have a fearsome passing game and a solid line, there are plenty of young guys that can get in there and run hard and get production.

Wasting a top ten pick on a running back nonsense. Even if Spiller goes for 1000 yards and 10 TDs this coming season, the pick is still a huge waste.

I still think Spiller has a decent shot of becoming a solid slot receiver, if they go that route with him, though.

I find it interesting how you you biult in out in your stance should Spiller drastically improve in his second year.....

I find it interesting how a lot of you talk like people aren't allowed to change their opinions down the line.

Spiller is a bust right now. A C+ for his performances up until now, is generous, imo.

But lets say he has a stellar year next year.

Am I allowed to turn around and say "Hey, wow, CJ is pretty awesome!"

Or do I have to stick with my first year impression of him?

Edited by Dorkington

I find it interesting how you you biult in out in your stance should Spiller drastically improve in his second year.....

It's not an out, it's just a statement that 1000 yard rushers are a dime a dozen in today's NFL.

edit: I still think he has potential btw. I think he would do better as a slot receiver hybrid type - working him in with short passes and WR screens and end arounds and other plays that give him a chance to get the ball in space. When it comes to playing RB, it seems like Jackson is head and shoulders better than Spiller, and Jackson isn't even elite.

Edited by NaPolian8693