Bill's Luck with Rookie Free Agency...

What if our good luck with rookie free agents were something that is self propelling? I mean, if I'm a rookie free agent, thinking I'm good enough to play in the NFL and wanting a chance to prove it, where would I look to? The really good teams are usually so loaded that even a good rookie sometimes has to wait for a few years to get a chance to play - and, at rookie free agent money, that's not as appealing as going to a team like Buffalo, that has a history, of late, of giving rookie free agents an equal chance to compete next to everyone else, and to get playing time.

So, our lack of dominant talent and our willingness to play the best performers has - What do you think? - given the Bills an edge in the college free agent market.

Also, a sort of converse effect might be taking place, at least a little, in Buffalo. I'd bet a guy like Wood, if he got drafted to N.E., or to Pittsburgh, would be a pro-bowler, and would be on everyone's list as a top young G/C. Maybin - what if Baltimore nabbed him, and just let him go out there and rush the QB on certain situations? These good rookies, on good teams where everyone is making plays, would have more of a chance to make their own plays because of that, and wouldn't be relied on as heavily as the bad teams tend to rely on their high drafted rookies.

What do you think?

What if our good luck with rookie free agents were something that is self propelling? I mean, if I'm a rookie free agent, thinking I'm good enough to play in the NFL and wanting a chance to prove it, where would I look to? The really good teams are usually so loaded that even a good rookie sometimes has to wait for a few years to get a chance to play - and, at rookie free agent money, that's not as appealing as going to a team like Buffalo, that has a history, of late, of giving rookie free agents an equal chance to compete next to everyone else, and to get playing time.

So, our lack of dominant talent and our willingness to play the best performers has - What do you think? - given the Bills an edge in the college free agent market.

Also, a sort of converse effect might be taking place, at least a little, in Buffalo. I'd bet a guy like Wood, if he got drafted to N.E., or to Pittsburgh, would be a pro-bowler, and would be on everyone's list as a top young G/C. Maybin - what if Baltimore nabbed him, and just let him go out there and rush the QB on certain situations? These good rookies, on good teams where everyone is making plays, would have more of a chance to make their own plays because of that, and wouldn't be relied on as heavily as the bad teams tend to rely on their high drafted rookies.

What do you think?

I'd love to package Maybin for a draft pick.. Any suggestions?

no help for Maybin no matter what, but Wood would be a probowler and he will a probowler for us next year.

You are right on both points, but we just need to draft better and have stability in the whole org.

Wood is a long way from being a pro bowler at either G or C. He's a good player but not nearly at that level.