Another "rate my team" post....

Buftex

We had our draft tonight, 12 team leauge, here is my team, what do you think:

QB's: Brett Favre, Drew Bledsoe (got him in 9th round), Kerry Collins

RB's: Clinton Portis (my #1 pick -10th overall), Chris Brown, Curtis Martin, DeShaun Foster,

Thomas Jones, LaMont Jordan (my last pick- looking for RB depth)

WR: Marvin Harrison, Jerry Porter, Peerless Price, Jake Reed, Dennis Northcutt

TE: Tony Gonzalez, Boo Williams

PK: Adam Vinatari, Chris Hansen

DEF: St. Louis, Buffalo

This is the first time I have ever had more than one Bill on my team (Bledsoe, J. Reed, Bills Defense, and ex-Bill Peerless Price), but if all goes as planned, none will be my starters, but all are capable of putting up good numbers on any given Sunday, just not every given Sunday.

Price intrigued me, because he should put up good numbers if Vick stays healthy, but I think may put up even better numbers if Matt Schuab is in there. He has been the best looking rookie QB I have seen this year, and the Falcons have nobody to challange him for #2....

This was the first year we had 12 teams, instead of 10. It is amazing how much harder that makes it to pick.....talk about depleting the talent!

Out of the QBs,Favre looks the best.

Who is starting the season for the Raiders - Gannon or Collins?

Drew - all depend on the o-line and getting rid of the ball quicker.

Probably wouldnt hurt to pick up another QB or trade for one.

Portis and Martin both good RB picks.

Harrison is one of the best WRs out there.

Porter is good.

Will Price have a QB to throw to him with Vicks hamstring?

Got the best TE in Gonzalez.

Vinateri - good kicker.

I like the Buffalo defense! :blink:

Overall - looks good,but if you can get another QB,maybe another WR...you will be set. B)

Out of the QBs,Favre looks the best.

Who is starting the season for the Raiders - Gannon or Collins?

Drew - all depend on the o-line and getting rid of the ball quicker.

Probably wouldnt hurt to pick up another QB or trade for one.

Portis and Martin both good RB picks.

Harrison is one of the best WRs out there.

Porter is good.

Will Price have a QB to throw to him with Vicks hamstring?

Got the best TE in Gonzalez.

Vinateri - good kicker.

I like the Buffalo defense!  :blink:

Overall - looks good,but if you can get another QB,maybe another WR...you will be set.  B)

11406[/snapback]

The prevailing opinion among NFL insiders is that Kerry Collins will unseat Rich Gannon as the starter, sooner rather than later. It is rumoured that the Raiders have been so impressed with Collins this pre-season, that Gannon might be cut before the season opener.

I agree about my receivers, but I have a hunch that Matt Schaub, if he should play in place of Vick, is actually a better passer than Vick, and will be the best rookie QB this year. I also have a hunch that if things go right in Buffalo (so far that isn't looking likely, I know) that Josh Reed will bounce back from his so-so second year. As a slot guy, with two years of experience under his belt, I can see him having an 800 yard, 5 td season.

I picked Gonzalez as my fifth pick. Normally, TE's don't start getting picked until about the 7th round in our draft, but I figured that Gonzalez was the surest bet at TE, and if he has the kind of season usually expected of him (in a prolific passing offense) he is like having an extra starting Wide Receiver.

QB's:  Brett Favre, Drew Bledsoe (got him in 9th round), Kerry Collins

RB's:  Clinton Portis (my #1 pick -10th overall), Chris Brown, Curtis Martin, DeShaun Foster,

Thomas Jones,  LaMont Jordan (my last pick- looking for RB depth)

WR:  Marvin Harrison, Jerry Porter, Peerless Price, Jake Reed,  Dennis Northcutt

TE:  Tony Gonzalez, Boo Williams

PK:  Adam Vinatari, Chris Hansen

For a 12 Man league you are looking pretty good. With your pick, you could expect Marivin Harrions, but I can't believe Portis slipped that far. I haven't seen him go past 5 yet. You have at least one top talent at every position, and in a 12 man league that doesn't alwasy happen.

For a 12 Man league you are looking pretty good.  With your pick, you could expect Marivin Harrions, but I can't believe Portis slipped that far.  I haven't seen him go past 5  yet.  You have at least one top talent at every position, and in a 12 man league that doesn't alwasy happen.

11458[/snapback]

Who would you start at QB week 1: Favre agaist Carolina (MNF) or Drew against Jacksonville?

I promised myself I would only use Drew if necessary (mainly so I can enjoy the Bills games in their purest form), but as I am one to overtthink these kinds of things, I am tempted to start him over Favre....tell me I am nuts!

Who would you start at QB week 1:  Favre agaist Carolina (MNF) or Drew against Jacksonville?

I promised myself I would only use Drew if necessary (mainly so I can enjoy the Bills games in their purest form), but as I am one to overtthink these kinds of things, I am tempted to start him over Favre....tell me I am nuts!

20192[/snapback]

With Favre as your QB, I would NEVER play the match-ups. Not for a single game all season unless there are exigent circumstances.

QB's:  Brett Favre, Drew Bledsoe (got him in 9th round), Kerry Collins

RB's:  Clinton Portis (my #1 pick -10th overall), Chris Brown, Curtis Martin, DeShaun Foster,

Thomas Jones,  LaMont Jordan (my last pick- looking for RB depth)

WR:  Marvin Harrison, Jerry Porter, Peerless Price, Jake Reed,  Dennis Northcutt

TE:  Tony Gonzalez, Boo Williams

PK:  Adam Vinatari, Chris Hansen

QB's: Favre would play if he was dead, so you have Bledsoe as a backup/Bye week filler. Raiders, to my knowledge, haven't named a starter yet. That bodes well for Collins. Keep in mind his targets are either aging or unproven and he's an unmobile QB behind a talented, but inexperienced line. However, he is worth hanging onto as he may surprise.

RB's: Good news/bad news. Gibbs will run Portis till his legs come off. Pick up Ladell Betts as insurance for him. Good pickup on Chris Brown. I think he'll eventually supplant Martin as your 2nd back. He's looked good in preseason and I'm not sure what Curtis has in the tank. Thomas Jones and Foster may surprise, however I think Davis is still the horse in Carolina and the Bears ar elearning a new offense. However it is the same offense as the Chiefs and we all know how Priest has done.

WR's: Little shaky here. Harrison is top 3, but you're counting on Porter and Price. the potential is there, but they still have a lot to prove.

TE's: I'd wait till Gonzales and Williams get rolling and package one of them with Price or Porter to upgrade your 2nd WR. No use keeping two TE's. If Williams continues his play from last year, people will be interested. Gonzo's bye week is the 5th week. You may want to hold onto Boo until after that.

QB's: Favre would play if he was dead, so you have Bledsoe as a backup/Bye week filler. Raiders, to my knowledge, haven't named a starter yet. That bodes well for Collins. Keep in mind his targets are either aging or unproven and he's an unmobile QB behind a talented, but inexperienced line. However, he is worth hanging onto as he may surprise.

RB's: Good news/bad news. Gibbs will run Portis till his legs come off. Pick up Ladell Betts as insurance for him. Good pickup on Chris Brown. I think he'll eventually supplant Martin as your 2nd back. He's looked good in preseason and I'm not sure what Curtis has in the tank. Thomas Jones and Foster may surprise, however I think Davis is still the horse in Carolina and the Bears ar elearning a new offense. However it is the same offense as the Chiefs and we all know how Priest has done.

WR's: Little shaky here. Harrison is top 3, but you're counting on Porter and Price. the potential is there, but they still have a lot to prove.

TE's: I'd wait till Gonzales and Williams get rolling and package one of them with Price or Porter to upgrade your 2nd WR. No use keeping two TE's. If Williams continues his play from last year, people will be interested. Gonzo's bye week is the 5th week. You may want to hold onto Boo until after that.

20802[/snapback]

Wow, Kevbeu, thanks for the input. I actually made a typo, I have Josh Reed, not Jake Reed. Still though, I agree, WR is my weakest position. In general though, I find that every year, WR's, no matter who I have, are the most unreliable fantasy point producers, so I am not too worried about it, yet. I think Jerry Porter will certainly get a lot of opportunities to rack up yards, wheter it is Collins or Gannon at QB for the Raiders. Personally, unless the Raiders come out of the gates very quickly, I think Collins will be the starter by week 6, if not sooner. With Collins in there, Porter should have no excuses not to produce.

I really like Chris Brown, and will likely start him over Curtis Martin. Having seen a number of preseason games (I know they don't count) and some of his play last year, I think this guy will be an elite running back. He just has such a great feel for when to speed up, and slow down, making tacklers miss. I am happy with my running backs. Foster was strictly a "when Steven Davis gets hurt" pick. You can never have enough good runnig backs in Fantasy football.

Thanks again!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.