NASA

Peace

NASA is producing hippie poetry?

Remember when this administration cancelled the Ares rocket program (man-rated and heavy lift booster) in favor of commercial launch vehicles? Well...after that, Congress passed a law requiring NASA to develop a rocket program - man-rated and heavy-lift - to back up the commercial programs in case of failure, based on off-the-shelf parts. NASA just announced this weekend "We can't do that".

Hippie poetry's about all NASA has left. :wallbash:

Remember when this administration cancelled the Ares rocket program (man-rated and heavy lift booster) in favor of commercial launch vehicles? Well...after that, Congress passed a law requiring NASA to develop a rocket program - man-rated and heavy-lift - to back up the commercial programs in case of failure, based on off-the-shelf parts. NASA just announced this weekend "We can't do that".

You mean you can't launch someone into space with off-the-shelf components?

Am I the only one who finds that reassuring?

Edited by Peace

"Off the shelf" means "off NASA'S shelf". Stuff they've already developed. Basically, they're telling Congress "We can't make a rocket out of the rocket parts we already have."

"Off the shelf" means "off NASA'S shelf". Stuff they've already developed. Basically, they're telling Congress "We can't make a rocket out of the rocket parts we already have."

Yeah it's funny isn't it? "You mean that you want us to use old technology? That's insane!"

Yeah it's funny isn't it? "You mean that you want us to use old technology? That's insane!"

Russians have been doing a pretty good job of using well-tested technology since the '50s.

But then, Congress did say they wanted NASA to build Saturn Vs again. :wallbash:

They're all idiots.

"Hey, Harry. You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon, in a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?"

I don't understand what you guys are talking about. NASA's mission was changed to making the Muslims feel good about their contributions to science. Who cares about space exploration?

Always count on you to douche it up.

Feel better Booster?

I see you're back to practicing your special brand of assmudgeonry. Either you don't comprehend sarcasm or you think that that was an appropriate use of NASA.

Yes conner, let's turn every topic to your agenda. That adds so much.

DC Tom hit the target.

You !@#$ing hate Peace's assmudgeonry.

I think he is just not very well informed. I would think that if he is going to attack someone he should know what he is talking about. It's ok though. I'll give him a pass in this instance since he obviously missed the whole deal concerning Muslims and Obama's outreach efforts to them through NASA. I don't know why I do this to myself sometimes, because normally I don't "suffer fools" easily. I guess I'm just in a magnaminous mood.

I think he is just not very well informed. I would think that if he is going to attack someone he should know what he is talking about. It's ok though. I'll give him a pass in this instance since he obviously missed the whole deal concerning Muslims and Obama's outreach efforts to them through NASA. I don't know why I do this to myself sometimes, because normally I don't "suffer fools" easily. I guess I'm just in a magnaminous mood.

I caught that stupidity. But here's the thing: IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

You see goblins around every corner. Tone down the paranoia.

Edited by Peace

I think he is just not very well informed.

Your statement was relatively funny, but not exactly germane. If I'd made the same statement, it would have been amusing. But since you made it, it was annoying. Because he just !@#$ing hates you.

And now you're making yourself look like an ass by trying to argue that he didn't get the humor because he's ignorant. He's not. He. Just. !@#$ing. Hates. You.

Your statement was relatively funny, but not exactly germane. If I'd made the same statement, it would have been amusing. But since you made it, it was annoying. Because he just !@#$ing hates you.

And now you're making yourself look like an ass by trying to argue that he didn't get the humor because he's ignorant. He's not. He. Just. !@#$ing. Hates. You.

You'd think I was Sarah Palin or something.