We need to draft the top 1-2 tight end in the draft

Not in the first round (I would like to go defense with that pick) but if the there is still a top 2 college TE going into the 2nd round I would consider going after him. Watching the majority of teams in playoffs shows how important a TE is on offense and creating mismatches. We have been lacking one for almost a decade - maybe even more.

Not in the first round (I would like to go defense with that pick) but if the there is still a top 2 college TE going into the 2nd round I would consider going after him. Watching the majority of teams in playoffs shows how important a TE is on offense and creating mismatches. We have been lacking one for almost a decade - maybe even more.

I can tell you the argument against: every one of those teams have qbs, which might be a big part of the TE success. Also, the teams as a whole are much more talented. We should go bpa to help create the best mismatches we can, regardless of where it is on the field - offense, defense, trenches or skill position. We just need mismatches that favor us.

Edited by NoSaint

We really need a legit TE. I'm so disappointed in Nelson's development (some is health related I guess). But this is a bad year for college TEs, especially if Kevin Rudolf doesn't come out. DJ Williams of arkansas is a decent prospect too.

Here's a thought I had. The Saints love Jimmy Graham. I bet they'd trade Shockey for a low round pick. Shockey has his short comings (injuries mainly) but would be the first threat we have had in about a decade.

OK. Who are the top two? The pundits have their opinion and the NFL scouts have their opinion. We know what the pundits have there (usually their beauty contest winners), but we don't know where the NFL scouts have em ranked... and that's the ranking that matters.

Now, you know the Bills will absoultely get the top one or two TEs in the draft when they select in the 5th round. When Buddy steps up to the podium at OBD after the draft, the transcript from the presser will read something like this...

"Ya know, Joe Blow, the tight end we drafted in the fifth round, we had him ranked second on our board coming in, right after the guy that was taken in the first round. We could not believe he was still there when we our pick came up in the fifth. So, ya know, Chan and I talked it over and it was unanimous to select this guy". Ya know, "He's a guy that can get down the field and be a factor". "He gets after people and blocks pretty well for his size". "Of course, ya know, we have 3 pretty good tight ends already, so we expect some competition going into camp at tight end".

We really need a legit TE. I'm so disappointed in Nelson's development (some is health related I guess). But this is a bad year for college TEs, especially if Kevin Rudolf doesn't come out. DJ Williams of arkansas is a decent prospect too.

Here's a thought I had. The Saints love Jimmy Graham. I bet they'd trade Shockey for a low round pick. Shockey has his short comings (injuries mainly) but would be the first threat we have had in about a decade.

Not impossible but I doubt that shockey leaves. I think he takes a paycut and falls into his new role as mentor, and reliable backup. He loves the city, team, and Jimmy Graham

We have so many holes and I have to think the run defense will be the first priority. To draft the top TE's Rudolph, it is likely a second pick. I would rather they go OT or LB there. Now if Ralph could be generous and spend some of money he made on the Toronto deal on a Chad Greenway or David Harris, I could live with Rudolph in the second.