So much for the NEED to have a "franchise QB"...

McD

Ha ha ha! BS man, you have NO argument! You're only action here is to be part of the internet grammar police, lol!! Oh no.... please own up to your comments. I ask a question and you turn on it?

Let me guess... you're taking a creative writing class and you have a bet going that you can use the word "obtuse" more than anyone in the history of public forums... lol. WTF man!

I know right?

But again, I've not been proven wrong have I?

Hardly. Defense wins.

Yes you have!

It really doesn't matter as it is clear you are just trolling.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grammar police? actually, you must be new to these intrawebs in which the ability to communicate in a common language -- in this case English -- is generally appreciated and routinely regarded as critical to having a formal and reasonable discussion.

you see -- and let me type slowly for you here, in the event you can't keep up -- when someone, say it's you, writes something such as "defenses win ... PERIOD!" it is roundly accepted by those familiar with the basics of the english language that you are making a case that defenses always win.

the fact that you added three periods followed by a PERIOD and then an exclamation mark is widely regarded as you stating an absolute case. you are stating, to wit, that defenses always -- without fail, precedence or exception -- come out victorious.

and yet, we are all aware that that is not entirely the case. you in fact have stated so yourself in your acknowledgment to me that the best defenses do not, in fact, always win the Super Bowl. in fact, the case can be made that the Indianapolis Colts, who gave up something like 22 points a game, won the Super Bowl in 2006 despite their defense.

but i don't need to bring up facts to prove to you how obtuse your point might be, when you have already agreed that defenses don't always win.

thus: you have been proven categorically wrong. unless, of course, you:

1) live in a bizarro world in which wrong is actually right.

2) have a rare immunity to logic.

3) english may not be your first language.

4) are doing this to simply be silly.

5) are out to prove a point that being addled is a virtue.

6) suffer from dyslexia.

7) have a lifelong passion for proving how obtuse you can be.

jw

I heart JW :worthy:

Peyton carried the team to win the Super Bowl in Indy

Dilfer won it with a ridiculous defense

Both are not the norm........

Franchise QB with above average D gets it done and so may a top 5 D with an above average QB....

While Manning carried the Colts through the regular season that year, the defense came together in the playoffs and carried them to the Superbowl win. Manning clearly should not have been the MVP

grammar police? actually, you must be new to these intrawebs in which the ability to communicate in a common language -- in this case English -- is generally appreciated and routinely regarded as critical to having a formal and reasonable discussion.

you see -- and let me type slowly for you here, in the event you can't keep up -- when someone, say it's you, writes something such as "defenses win ... PERIOD!" it is roundly accepted by those familiar with the basics of the english language that you are making a case that defenses always win.

the fact that you added three periods followed by a PERIOD and then an exclamation mark is widely regarded as you stating an absolute case. you are stating, to wit, that defenses always -- without fail, precedence or exception -- come out victorious.

and yet, we are all aware that that is not entirely the case. you in fact have stated so yourself in your acknowledgment to me that the best defenses do not, in fact, always win the Super Bowl. in fact, the case can be made that the Indianapolis Colts, who gave up something like 22 points a game, won the Super Bowl in 2006 despite their defense.

but i don't need to bring up facts to prove to you how obtuse your point might be, when you have already agreed that defenses don't always win.

thus: you have been proven categorically wrong. unless, of course, you:

1) live in a bizarro world in which wrong is actually right.

2) have a rare immunity to logic.

3) english may not be your first language.

4) are doing this to simply be silly.

5) are out to prove a point that being addled is a virtue.

6) suffer from dyslexia.

7) have a lifelong passion for proving how obtuse you can be.

jw

Stay in your little world of wonder John. If YOU choose to take my words and run with them to continue an argument then that's your issue, not mine. I have again offered a lot of factual evidence, however you have added virtually nothing in the way of football knowledge. If you ask me, you read this and felt like you needed to be part of the action. I don't blame you John, numerous people have done the same throughout the years. I'm used to it, and if it fills your excitement meter, even better.

I see there's a lot of subjectivity in these posts... all good. So lets just do this straight up head to head ok?

since 1970, the Top rated O and Top rated D played against each other 3 times. Each time the Top rated D won the SB:

1978 Pittsburgh defeated Dallas

1984 San Francisco defeated Miami

1990 New York defeated Buffalo

There now John... see that is factual. Subjectivity is removed. I don't need to jump on somebody else's bandwagon to try to act knowledgeable or witty.

Yes you have!

It really doesn't matter as it is clear you are just trolling.

Just the facts... I have provided them, you have not. Your opinion is yours and yours alone. You two can pretend to be oblivious to them, but they remain constant.

So... now here comes the blatant disregard for any facts I have provided; and you'll drone on and on about "I don't see your point, blah, blah, blah" Again, all good. Check that head to head post above. I'm sure you'll try to find some "witty" response, but we all know what it really is.

Stay in your little world of wonder John. If YOU choose to take my words and run with them to continue an argument then that's your issue, not mine. I have again offered a lot of factual evidence, however you have added virtually nothing in the way of football knowledge. If you ask me, you read this and felt like you needed to be part of the action. I don't blame you John, numerous people have done the same throughout the years. I'm used to it, and if it fills your excitement meter, even better.

I see there's a lot of subjectivity in these posts... all good. So lets just do this straight up head to head ok?

since 1970, the Top rated O and Top rated D played against each other 3 times. Each time the Top rated D won the SB:

There now John... see that is factual. Subjectivity is removed. I don't need to jump on somebody else's bandwagon to try to act knowledgeable or witty.

Just the facts... I have provided them, you have not. Your opinion is yours and yours alone. You two can pretend to be oblivious to them, but they remain constant.

So... now here comes the blatant disregard for any facts I have provided; and you'll drone on and on about "I don't see your point, blah, blah, blah" Again, all good. Check that head to head post above. I'm sure you'll try to find some "witty" response, but we all know what it really is.

so, we've narrowed it down to silly or addled, then, right?

jw

While Manning carried the Colts through the regular season that year, the defense came together in the playoffs and carried them to the Superbowl win. Manning clearly should not have been the MVP

Beautiful Adam... here's the list of playoff teams and their D rankings (ypg) in the 2006 post season.

1. Indianapolis Colts 238.5

2. Baltimore Ravens 261.0

3. New York Giants 323.0

4. San Diego Chargers 327.0

5. Seattle Seahawks 327.5

How come the team with the best D doesn't win EVERY year?

How come the team with the best D doesn't win EVERY year?

It's never been about EVERY year Bug. I never said it was. Go ahead and scroll through 17 pages if you'd like. Not sure why people want to through in "ALWAYS" and "EVERY", but it's ok.

so, we've narrowed it down to silly or addled, then, right?

jw

STILL waiting for any kind of real football retort John. I showed you straight up head to head results... please refute it..

It's never been about EVERY year Bug. I never said it was. Go ahead and scroll through 17 pages if you'd like. Not sure why people want to through in "ALWAYS" and "EVERY", but it's ok.

STILL waiting for any kind of real football retort John. I showed you straight up head to head results... please refute it..

How come the team with the best D doesn't win the Superbowl....PERIOD!

check 1-2. check 1-2.

tap, tap, tap, tap.

is this thing on?

jw

Edited by john wawrow

How come the team with the best D doesn't win the Superbowl....PERIOD!

Really? Ok man, I'm sure there's a knowledgeable football fan in you somewhere. Is there such a thing as the "one" end all be all thing to ANYTHING? Esp in team sports where there are a million (yes, that's a lot!) of variables? If there were, the one and ONLY team to have it would win every year. This is akin to two children spatting off in the schoolyard about who can count the highest and the first kid goes "one, two, INFINITY!" That doesn't work man... let's do some investigating on your own and let me know what you find. I'm sure you see the post above that shows the only three times #1 O and #1 D played head to head right? Yeah...

check 1-2. check 1-2.

tap, tap, tap, tap.

is this thing on?

jw

Wow... is this how you got the majority of your 2K posts? Well, I'm glad there's an outlet for you to keep you entertained. All good man... :thumbsup:

Really? Ok man, I'm sure there's a knowledgeable football fan in you somewhere. Is there such a thing as the "one" end all be all thing to ANYTHING? Esp in team sports where there are a million (yes, that's a lot!) of variables? If there were, the one and ONLY team to have it would win every year. This is akin to two children spatting off in the schoolyard about who can count the highest and the first kid goes "one, two, INFINITY!" That doesn't work man... let's do some investigating on your own and let me know what you find. I'm sure you see the post above that shows the only three times #1 O and #1 D played head to head right? Yeah...

Wow... is this how you got the majority of your 2K posts? Well, I'm glad there's an outlet for you to keep you entertained. All good man... :thumbsup:

So do they win "period" or not? Because that's what I thought this was about?

Sounds like an argument where one guy says "technically that is what happens", and then when the other guy says it doesn't, the first guy says, "well if you want to get technical, I guess it doesn't". Hmmm.

... So lets just do this straight up head to head ok?

Holy bananas! Really? REALLY? The most recent you can do is 1990???

Okay, here's a fact for you: the rules of the game CHANGED DRASTICALLY to help the passing game and up scoring in the past 10 years (let alone 33). Thus, any Super Bowl pre 2001 is pretty irrelevant to the "franchise QB" debate. The game has changed. You're living in the past.

Edited by tgreg99

well, now that that's settled, was wondering if anyone else here's excited about the new Drive By Truckers cd that's coming out next month.

they released a 7-minute free single, and it's sounding pretty good.

i just wish they'd come tour around here. seems like they've been everywhere, from down south to the west coast to NYC to freakin' amsterdam over the past year, and the closest they've come to Buffalo is like just outside of Albany.

that really sucks, cause i'm a huge fan.

jw

well, now that that's settled, was wondering if anyone else here's excited about the new Drive By Truckers cd that's coming out next month.

i just wish they'd come tour around here. seems like they've been everywhere, from down south to the west coast to NYC to freakin' amsterdam over the past year, and the closest they've come to Buffalo is like just outside of Albany.

jw

:lol: :lol:

Holy bananas! Really? REALLY? The most recent you can do is 1990???

Okay, here's a fact for you: the rules of the game CHANGED DRASTICALLY to help the passing game (so... your saying they had to help the O because the D was too dominating??) and up scoring in the past 10 years (let alone 33). Thus, any Super Bowl pre 2001 is pretty irrelevant to the "franchise QB" debate. The game has changed. You're living in the past.

Lol... dumb@$$ way to make yourself look like the &^%$# you are. The matchup has only happened 3 times. 1990 was the LAST time it did, however since you won't acknowledge it, I'll remind you... the best D beat the best O every single time!

jw

You have proven your worthlessness here. I'm not sure anyone has really ever done as little as you have in a thread, but hey.. I'm no hater, so I accept you for what you are. Anytime you truly have a point to make, and want to substantiate it, I'll be here.

i was a little disappointed in the Drive By Truckers previous effort, The Big To Do. it struck me a little of trying just a little too hard. and yet, they've earned the right for a little slack.

my two favorite albums of their ever expanding and very deep discography are Blessing and a Curse, and Pizza Deliverance.

for those of you who haven't tried them out, sample a couple of songs of these two albums, and you'll be struck by their power.

Gravity's Gone, off "Blessing..."

One of These Days off "Pizza D" as well as "The Night GG Allin Came to Town."

then again, the Big To Do does have a fantastic song, "The Fourth Night of My Drinking."

in all seriousness, this just might be the best and most honest band going nowadays.

but what do i know about football or the bills for that matter as it appears that i've proven my worthlessness here, yet again. :oops:

jw

Edited by john wawrow

but what do i know about football or the bills for that matter as it appears that i've proven my worthlessness here, yet again. :oops:

jw

Dont worry, there are other, more appropriate, forums for you. Maybe you should head that way.

Dont worry, there are other, more appropriate, forums for you. Maybe you should head that way.

well, obviously this one wasn't working so i thought i'd change the subject because really no one was getting any where with this discussion, which essentially went like this (and pardon if i paraphrase just a bit):

you: i can't comprehend what i've written, but i'm right.

most everyone else: :wallbash:

you: i'm still not wrong.

right, and i've lent no worth to this thread. :blink:

jw

well, obviously this one wasn't working so i thought i'd change the subject because really no one was getting any where with this discussion, which essentially went like this (and pardon if i paraphrase just a bit):

you: i can't comprehend what i've written, but i'm right.

you: i'm still not wrong.

right, and i've lent no worth to this thread. :blink:

jw

I provided input and fact... you provided nothing. I think the best you offered was "uh, uh".. like a 7 year old. Do you HAVE input, fact, objective observation? Of course I'd like this in football, not on a review of Brokeback Mountain and the like.