Volunteer Firemen or Professional Firemen

Bills99999

Gee, I don't know. This seems like a pretty important topic. Why would you want to supress this discussion?

Hmmmmmm....

What do you do for a living? You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with firemen and whether or not they start fires.......

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do for a living? You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with firemen and whether or not they start fires.......

Do not take this as a personal attack, but I do not believe that demanding a professional and sane fire service is an "unhealthy obsession with firemen and whether or not they start fires"

As a taxpayer and a World Citizen, I think I need to DEMAND that when I need a fireman that a sane, well-trained, intelligent fireman who is not the person who set that fire shows up to put out that fire

Is that too much to ask?

Edited by Bills99999

Do not take this as a personal attack, but I do not believe that demanding a professional and sane fire service is an "unhealthy obsession with firemen and whether or not they start fires"

As a taxpayer and a World Citizen, I think I need to DEMAND that when I need a fireman that a sane, well-trained, intelligent fireman who is not the person who set that fire shows up to put out that fire

Is that too much to ask?

No Hogboy-wanna-be. But it's too much to pay for you risk-nullification-demanding citizen-of-the-world you.

Just a stab in the dark/educated guess:

Maybe it is the station's call numbers (or part of them) for their radio.

At work... Our station on the marine-band (VHF) fm radio is: WUD742.

A lot of times I will just use: 742 and then our name... Probably not FCC proper protocol, but things can get really stuffy all the time following the regs to a tee. Like if I said: Whiskey Uniform (Uncle) November 742...

??

Looks like Whiskey Uniform Delta to me. Maybe if you practiced those stuffy regs more...

Looks like Whiskey Uniform Delta to me. Maybe if you practiced those stuffy regs more...

Yeah... I noticed that too... But with the board's new software... It was too late to change it.

I made a typo! A very bad one!!! Had November on my mind. :doh: I am going way back!

I thought nobody would notice... Sorry... My bad for not making a seperate post right off the bat to correct it.

You caught me Assquatch! :oops:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois