(LAMP) Got me some Hopslam

plenzmd1

Long story, but just pried two six packs of Hopslam out of the Total Wine on Broad Street in Richmond. not supoosed to go on sale till tomorrow, bur cried to them i am out of town for the weekend staring tomorrow(true) and they sold me two sixers(limit per customer).BTW, i am a loyal customer there.

No other reason for the post except to say NANA to those jonesin for some...and to alert any Richmond hopheads go grab em..open till 10Pm tonight.

Talking to several people at the kickoff party last Night at the Mekong, this stuff will be sold out by 11 tomorrow, as they only have 7 cases(now 6 1/2).

God love me some Hopslam..almost like it grows in cow poop.

I haven't had the pleasure of trying Hopslam yet but Bell's regular strength IPA, Two Hearted Ale, is probably my favorite IPA. It will be tough to dethrone Pliny The Elder for the top spot on my imperial IPA rankings though.

Have heard that is some great stuff, but have never had the oppurtunity to sample it.

Nice. I've heard about the stuff but don't think we can get it here in WNY. As a consolation, Troeg's Nugget Nectar is being released this week so that's not too bad.

That is awesome..and I am excited about that as well. At least here in Richmond, Nectar was readily avaialbale and priced well ($38 for a case) at the Total wine for a good month last year.

absolutely be on the look out for some Pliny the Younger....very hard to find on this coast, but keep your eyes open at commerical tap house, mekong or cap ale...or even contact them to see if you can entice them to get a barrel. but be ready because if word gets out, it will go fast. People waited in line for a pub to open here on the main line when they heard they were gonna have some Younger on tap.

Gotta check out my local establishments for the hopslam, sounds like a killer beer....

Have heard that is some great stuff, but have never had the oppurtunity to sample it.

That is awesome..and I am excited about that as well. At least here in Richmond, Nectar was readily avaialbale and priced well ($38 for a case) at the Total wine for a good month last year.

absolutely be on the look out for some Pliny the Younger....very hard to find on this coast, but keep your eyes open at commerical tap house, mekong or cap ale...or even contact them to see if you can entice them to get a barrel. but be ready because if word gets out, it will go fast. People waited in line for a pub to open here on the main line when they heard they were gonna have some Younger on tap.

Gotta check out my local establishments for the hopslam, sounds like a killer beer....

Pooj, Mekong lined formed at 3, tapped at 4.20, both 1/2 ans 1/4 barrel kicked by 6. Not a soul in the place without being double fisted..and some may have had one two many of these ten percent beuts :beer:

Kinda of a lamp..on a plane now to Playa de Carmen, nothing but chit beers for 4 days while my Slam is at home just waiting on me.But sun and 80 should make up for some of that!!1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. I've heard about the stuff but don't think we can get it here in WNY. As a consolation, Troeg's Nugget Nectar is being released this week so that's not too bad.

So the Nectar has found its way to the Total Wine on Broad Street in Richmond. They got 24 cases delivered last night. I just relieved them of 4. Not to bad a price at $43/case.

BTW, was talking to the Bells distributor in there..that location is getting two of the Hopslam mini kegs this afternoon..they will not reserve them for anybody, so if your in richmond around 3 and a Slam lover, there ya go.I am on a train to DC at that time :angry:

So the Nectar has found its way to the Total Wine on Broad Street in Richmond. They got 24 cases delivered last night. I just relieved them of 4. Not to bad a price at $43/case.

BTW, was talking to the Bells distributor in there..that location is getting two of the Hopslam mini kegs this afternoon..they will not reserve them for anybody, so if your in richmond around 3 and a Slam lover, there ya go.I am on a train to DC at that time :angry:

That's a great price. NN goes for about $14-16 per 6 pk up here.

wound up not going yesterday...pressed my luck that all three beers were available this evening....SCORE!!!!

hopslam was AWESOME...nectar was deee-lish...hop'solutely...while good, didn't live up to my hoppy standards...still pretty damn good....finished off with He'Brew Jewbelation 5766 (9)...eh...have had better from Scmaltz....god I love the Philly beer scene

so an hour in of driking 10% beer..can you still type?

• 2 weeks later...

one of these weekends I need to get out to Troegs, among others out towards harrisburg direction(lancaster, stoudts to name just 2). There are still some places i need to check out in Philly, but gotta broaden my horizon....

Finally got me some Nugget Nectar! Drinking one now. Super fresh (bottled 2/7/11) and delicious :beer:

If you guys are hop fans and are looking for another seasonal then go get some Sierra Nevada Bigfoot. Good stuff.

Finally got me some Nugget Nectar! Drinking one now. Super fresh (bottled 2/7/11) and delicious :beer:

If you guys are hop fans and are looking for another seasonal then go get some Sierra Nevada Bigfoot. Good stuff.

It is a nice beer..loaded up on it so have some for the next few months. Have not tried the Bigfoot. But, I Was in DC couple of weeks ago, and attended a Great Lakes tasting event.

Had their Dortmunder Gold Lageri think would be great more in the summer..actually enjoyed this more than i thought I would.

Edmund Fitzgerald Porter that was very nice..I am not a huge Porter fan but enjoyed this and bought some for those cold nights when a Porter is needed

Commodore Perry IPA..Was okay, but prefer other IPA's

Last night, had Founders Red Rye Pale Ale on tap..man I love that stuff!!!! Might have to get some of that for the fridge as well