Playoff Picture

Ball'n

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jax will lose in Green Bay...the Packers are still fighting for their division, and they are very tough to beat in December.  Case in point, today the Lions should have beaten them, but GB snuck away with a victory.

157642[/snapback]

I hope you're right, but JAX is twice the team that DET is.

If we win out & the jests lose out, we'd have a better common opponents record.

A BIG 'IF'!!!!!!!!!!

157646[/snapback]

They DON'T HAVE TO LOSE OUT. They must lose to New England, and ONE (1) of the other two.

I think the Broncos losing 2 of 3 is a bigger if.

157650[/snapback]

It's a big 'if', but the way Denver is playing lately, anything can haappen with that team. They have two relatively tough road games coming. Jake the Snake can usually be counted on for some tough outings on the road.

It's a big 'if', but the way Denver is playing lately, anything can haappen with that team. They have two relatively tough road games coming. Jake the Snake can usually be counted on for some tough outings on the road.

157656[/snapback]

I agree...When the dust has settled, I think our winning out would be enough to get us in. Jacksonville scares me the most, but beating both Cinci on the road and Pittsburgh in that last week is going to be tough as nails.

I agree...When the dust has settled, I think our winning out would be enough to get us in.  Jacksonville scares me the most, but beating both Cinci on the road and Pittsburgh in that last week is going to be tough as nails.

157662[/snapback]

True, but look at it this way: if we can't beat a team like Cincy on the road and Pittsburgh at home, we probably don't belong in the playoffs since we'd have to beat three monsters on the road to get through to the Super Bowl.

True, but look at it this way: if we can't beat a team like Cincy on the road and Pittsburgh at home, we probably don't belong in the playoffs since we'd have to beat three monsters on the road to get through to the Super Bowl.

157669[/snapback]

Ehh, I think a team that makes the playoffs deserves to be there, but I understand your point. We need to win out, and that's all there is to it. I just really hope they're rewarded with the playoffs if they manage to pull it off.

If someone can answer this please do so....I think soemone attempted to ask it but I never saw an answer...I actually have two questions....

1) What happens if the Bills, Jets and Broncos all finish the season 10-6 (assuming Baltimore and Jax finish 9-7 or worse and one of the Jets losses is to the Pats)? I know two of the three teams will advance, but who (didn't see anything about three-way ties)?

2) Same as question #1 but instead the Bills, Jets and Ravens tie at 10-6 (with the Jags and Broncos finishing 9-7 or worse and one of the Jets losses coming to the Pats.)

If anyone can answer I'd really appreciate because if we do win otu I see one of these two scenarios being the likely case hopefully we have the edge in at leats one of these three way tie breakers. Thanks knowledgable fans!!!!

If someone can answer this please do so....I think soemone attempted to ask it but I never saw an answer...I actually have two questions....

1)  What happens if the Bills, Jets and Broncos all finish the season 10-6 (assuming Baltimore and Jax finish 9-7 or worse and one of the Jets losses is to the Pats)?  I know two of the three teams will advance, but who (didn't see anything about three-way ties)?

2)  Same as question #1 but instead the Bills, Jets and Ravens tie at 10-6 (with the Jags and Broncos finishing 9-7 or worse and one of the Jets losses coming to the Pats.)

If anyone can answer I'd really appreciate because if we do win otu I see one of these two scenarios being the likely case hopefully we have the edge in at leats one of these three way tie breakers.  Thanks knowledgable fans!!!!

157678[/snapback]

#1 and #2..we make playoffs at number 6 spot.

In both cases we end up ahead of Jets.

Balt or Denver would get #5.

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it. I think the fact that we get in on both of those three way team tiebreakers is hige for us. I'm starting to get the feeling that if we take care of business and win out were gonna do it. I definitely think a three way tie breaker involving us the jets and another team is highly likely.

We actually lose the tiebreaker to both teams.  Jets have better conf and so does denver.  I think.

157708[/snapback]

For all 3-team ties, any two in the same division are compared first (and one eliminated).

For teams in the same division, record against common opponents is a higher tiebreaker than conference record, and so we'd beat the Jets if we're 10-6 each.