Bills in Free Agency

Owen

I don't think the coaching staff sees offensive production out of the TE position a high priority.

You are so spot on with this comment. We've had many, many tight ends come thru Buffalo with no production from any of them. A team that values the receiving contributions a TE can make would have shown something by now with the folks we had. It's sad to say, but I doubt anyone would know how good Vernon davis is if he had played in Buffalo. All he would catch is the occasional check down.

We pretty much know that the Bills wont be adding anyone in FA, but that doesn’t mean we cant get better.

I am talking about “Addition by Subtraction”

The Bills FO needs to hurry up and cut some dead weight BEFORE a new CBA is agreed upon. There are currently no cap penalties for cutting you dead weight players (because there is no cap), when in years past that has been. Stroud, Kelsay, Maybin, McCargo, maybe even Evans (am I missing anyone?)…. They all need to be cut before us releasing them affects our cap space again. Then, freeing up all that coin would actually allow us to spend some in FA and not affect Ralphs pockets, essentially “trading” the current group of bums for someone else’s bums!

Wake up Buddy wake up!!!

Buddy is very aware that this roster needs to be reshaped. Stroud, Maybin and McCargo are low hanging fruit that will be quickly thrown away. Kelsay still has some utility and will be kept. Unless Whitner lowers his contract expectations he will be gone. Poz is a little more difficult to assess regarding his retention or not.

Free agency? My prediction: Nap time.

Unfortunately you are probably correct. I just hope Buddy doesn't brag about it this time.

Still, I think they need to look at and address improvements at OT, LB and TE. They cannot fix everything in this draft. Look at the production we got from Troup and Carrington. Not very much until the end of the season. Moats and Coleman would not have even played if it were not for injuries.

We need to bring in a few veterans at the right price.

Who are these "great" OTs who are hitting the market? Even good OTs rarely are allowed to hit free agency, much less great ones.

Is Khalif Barnes a free agent? He backed up Langston Walker at RT for the Raiders last year. I think we'll try to keep this Raiders RT pipeline flowing.

Yes, Barnes is a UFA per http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=OL&y=2011

THANK YOU!

Woodley isnt getting resigned?? Hes a MUST sign then

Woodley's a pipe dream as he's likely going to be the most sought after UFA. Instead the Bills will likely grab Ben Leber or Matt Roth.

Edited by The Jokeman