2 Things: What about AVP, and WHO can we trade:

First of all, I just heard about T Brown getting hurt a couple hours ago. I tried to avoid all contact with anyone from Buffalo or TBD so i could watch the game without knowing anything. Well, my brother in law called me and left a voicemail saying T Brown was out for the year and Milloy is hurt too.

!@#$.

Now, Im sure this has been talked about, but since JP got hurt already, I think Brown going down is somewhat of a blessing (for the team, not him, of ... please dont make this a PC issue). Anyway, there were only two true possible starters on the Buffalo Bills this year. Losman and Bledsoe. Travis was, is, and will always be a backup. So, now we are FORCED to go get someone else. Someone quality, too not some backup.

So, two questions:

1) AVP is a definite "no" correct? (My vote is for another #7 former Bills QB).

2) Who are we going to trade to get someone? ? ?

Guest 3 Year Old

AVP cannot play football this year due to surgery he had. he already stated this. As far as a backup, you wait until somebosy is cut or sign somebody who is out there. Nobody trades for a back up even I know that. Read some of the treads here before posting next time please.

Stoj....I fear that Kordella will appear here soon. As soon as Baltimore cuts him he's as good as hear.

11352[/snapback]

Both Rich Gannon and Drew Brees are rumoured to become available before the regular season begins. I say, I would rather have either of these guys than Flutie. If Flutie didn't have the history he did here already, I would say maybe. However, as blood thirsty as a fair number of Bills fans are toward Bledsoe, could you imagine how ugly things would be if Flutie was backing up Bledsoe? I don't think Tom Donohue would want any part of that mess, and I would not blame him.

Brees would/could be a long term answer as a backup (although I doubt he would settle for that right now, since the 49ers are interested in him as well), and Gannon would be a decent 1 year fix, until Losman is healthy.

Also possible soon to be available vetran qb's: Brian Griese and Tim Couch.

I like Gannon, short term, better than all the other options, other than Brees.

Its questionable at best that we would trade a player to get the back-up QB..but if we did here is some potential trade bait for a back-up QB--has to be a need position...

1) Bobby Shaw or Sam Aiken

2) Ron Edwards or Justin Bannan

3) Kevin Thomas (rely on Jabari Greer and Rashard Baker as the 6th DB)

4) Ken Simonton or Joe Burns (questionable we could get anything here).

The signing bonuses on all these guys are minimal so the cap hit to trade is far outweighed by the savings in base salary. Remember in the case of Shaw, Aiken, Thomas and Edwards--you have to give up something to get something--packaging 3 cases of tape, Mike Pucillo, Juan Esposito and David Porter isn't going to get a back-up QB...

The problem is the cap would have to work and we are only $1 million under right now--we would probably have to replace a couple of top 52 player salaries with UDFA minimums to get someone with a higher base salary in. Signing a backup with a higer base probably seals Gildon's fate.