Given Modrak's history...

Red

28 members have voted

1. 1. Does Modrak screw up another high round pick?

• YES- he and his scouts blow our #3 overall on the equivalent of Williams or Maybin
    • YES- but we strike it big on another undrafted college free agent
    • NO- I'm a boner and Modrak is not responsible for our draft picks
    • NO- Nix takes the reins from Modrak and we draft 10 Eric Wood's

Given Modrak's history of colossally failing to properly scout on early round picks...

...and the fact that we will be picking #3 overall...

...is this another year where Modrak demonstrates his incompetence in scouting players and we waste it, or do we finally....

FINALLY...

...get it right in April?

As I recall, several weeks ago it was our owner, not Modrak, who pronounced that we were taking a QB.

In how many franchises (besides the Bills) does this phenomenon take place? Ralph treats this team as his own personal toy, which it is. The rest of us are just bystanders. Who really thinks Modrak or even Nix has full decisionmaking power over personnel decisions?

As I recall, several weeks ago it was our owner, not Modrak, who pronounced that we were taking a QB.

In how many franchises (besides the Bills) does this phenomenon take place? Ralph treats this team as his own personal toy, which it is. The rest of us are just bystanders. Who really thinks Modrak or even Nix has full decisionmaking power over personnel decisions?

So the two of you are voting in the 'boner' category?

I don't think Modrak is totally responsible for this roster being a mess. We've had some coaching issues too.

Likewise, all of those coaches are gone.

You've had 4 different coaching regimes, and only the most current one if finally putting something together.

Philosophies are not the problem.

It am not defending Modrak as he has culpability in the Bills draft record but he was never the GM, President or owner of the team. The Bills do well in the UDFA and lower round picks and he should get some credit for that. He is also not responsible for poor coaching hires and likely not the guy who picked names off the board.

He has had his input and if it were me I would have resigned if I were constantly being ignored on my suggested draft picks. He hasn't resigned so I guess he must have some guilt in the debacle that has been the Bills draft record. I am hoping that Nix takes ownership of the entire personnel process from drafts to FAs and will make the right choices that fit his plan. I really pray that is what happens or else it will be rinse and repeat 2 seasons from now.

Edited by agardin

Sometimes I wonder why I look foward to the draft. Even look at the most recent regime and draft. Sorry, but after 10 plus years patience is no longer a virtue for Bills fans. Do something now. We used a high 1 on a quick scat back and paid him millions and the Patriots found one off the waiver wire(Woodhead) who's playing for the league minimum. Going into the 2010 draft if I had told you we would come of out with a first round running back who had 440 total yards from scrimmage, 1TD from scrimmage and a 3.8 YPC, a spot DE, DT and LB, zero help for the line(wang and the kid from Iowa we cut), and 2 IR guys, well that would of been a huge let down. But it is what it is.

Edited by billsfan714

So the two of you are voting in the 'boner' category?

placing blame on the owner isn't in one of your silly "boner" options in your poll. come on man, you made the poll. You should know what you put in it.

As far as meddeling owners, other than Ralph, the ones that come to mind are Davis, Jones, and Snyder.... all not doing well, just like the bills. So that really just states the obvious that a meddeling owner is a bad owner. I know ralph as meddled a lot in the past, but right now, I just don't know how much he really meddles now. He obviously meddles, but he isn't nearly as vocal about it as much as the other guys.

From TSW's Terms of Service

Do NOT post:

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

Your Modrak crusade is rapidly growing tiresome. If you can't stop it on your own, I'll be happy to help you.