Luck, Bowers or Fairley

Magox

Take a good look at Cameron Newton in the national championship game and watch how he throws the ball. Try not to compare him with other "scrambling" quarterbacks, and just watch. I'm going to. I'm not saying that I'm on crusade to draft him, but I'm keeping an open mind because I truly feel that having an elite-level quarterback is almost exclusively what makes the perennial championship contenders true contenders. And sadly, I think Luck is off limits.

Just watching Newton in the Alabama game, he reminded me a lot of Roethlisberger - big, strong, and sheds tacklers a lot easier than you'd think. Add in Newton's mobility and arm and you have all the skills one could ask for. My only concerns with him are his intelligence and character.

All of that said, drafting defense is an absolute must. This team is going nowhere if they continue to "stop" the run the way they did the past 2 weeks.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Let Stroud go, slide Williams to RE and get Fairley to play the middle.... But then again, we drafted Troup and Carrington, so I hate to say it, but I can see this front office taking the DB from LSU or trading down to gamble on a Cam Newton....

Before we have a real clear idea of who we should draft we have to know the following

1. are the Bills going 3-4 or 4-3

if your going 4-3 Bowers as a DE with Troup and Williams as DTs seems to make the most sense, or you could go Fairley as a DT and move Merriman to DE

IF you make the decision to go 3-4 then Dareus or Fairley both make sense but you have to find a real NT and make a decision on Williams as a 3-4 DE

the problem is whichever way you go you're going to have 2-4 players who are less than perfect fits

Overall I like the Carrington, Williams, Fairley, Merriman DL but here are some others

Carrington, Williams, Troup, Bowers

Williams, Big NT like the guy from Miami, Fairley or Dareus

Williams traded Carrington, Big NT, Fairley or Dareus

Carrington, Williams, Fairley or Dareus

Before we have a real clear idea of who we should draft we have to know the following

1. are the Bills going 3-4 or 4-3

if your going 4-3 Bowers as a DE with Troup and Williams as DTs seems to make the most sense, or you could go Fairley as a DT and move Merriman to DE

IF you make the decision to go 3-4 then Dareus or Fairley both make sense but you have to find a real NT and make a decision on Williams as a 3-4 DE

the problem is whichever way you go you're going to have 2-4 players who are less than perfect fits

Overall I like the Carrington, Williams, Fairley, Merriman DL but here are some others

Carrington, Williams, Troup, Bowers

Williams, Big NT like the guy from Miami, Fairley or Dareus

Williams traded Carrington, Big NT, Fairley or Dareus

Carrington, Williams, Fairley or Dareus

I'd venture a guess that Merrimen means we will continue our transition to a 3-4. We ran a hybrid this season because we simply did not have the proper personnel.

I agree I would be happy with them too. However, if nix is serious about getting someone with a long track record of success, neither bowers or fairley would be that guy. I think Dareus has had success for longer. Maybe he's the one?

But we have Aaron Maybin with all his experience and self percieved strength...LOL...I loathe him.....again Brian Orakpo!! All

joking aside I like all three DEs!! I think we stop the run our secondary can actually play and not worry bout the run. Find a good RT and we are in business. The QB can wait another year.

I'd venture a guess that Merrimen means we will continue our transition to a 3-4. We ran a hybrid this season because we simply did not have the proper personnel.

I think Williams is the big question because while he was our best Defensive player hist best fit isn't at NT or 3-4 DE.

If I'm going 3-4 then I'm finding a big NT like Paul Soliai and I'm going for Lamarr Woodley I'm taking Dareus or Fairley, and I'm looking for a trade for Kyle Williams.

I think Williams is the big question because while he was our best Defensive player hist best fit isn't at NT or 3-4 DE.

If I'm going 3-4 then I'm finding a big NT like Paul Soliai and I'm going for Lamarr Woodley I'm taking Dareus or Fairley, and I'm looking for a trade for Kyle Williams.

Which is why I say we trade him while his value is at its highest. We can get draft picks or fill a player need with him. We have Troup waiting in the wings who is a legit 3-4 NT. We also have Carrington who is strictly a 5 tech. I like Kyle and the season he's had for us, but he's just not a good fit for what we're looking to do with this defense.