Buying:

Current Portfolio:

Following Buy/Sell above, now holding in portfolio:

10,000 shares of MERMF at 0.153

10,000 shares OXGN @ 0.16

Cash:

$ 6,640

Total Current Value of Portfolio: $9,770

anybody know the score? mermf now 0.098. i'm lost on OXGN- looks to be at 2.67 but was trading at 3.7 on feb 11? AGQ now 166. roughly estimating it looks like no one is winning right now..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you hold physical or paper? Physical has decoupled from paper in a lot of this. The mint can't coin fast enough and premiums are almost 20% now with this fall.

The sad reality is it's back where it was 2 months ago! Oil is interesting too. Long term you want in both of these....you are just playing with the devil using margin.

I invest in both. Are you familiar with Monex? The sort of trading I do with my clients are in that sort of platform, its a physical purchase, with a placed deposit allowing you to invest with some leverage. So it is a margin account, but not nearly the sort of leverage you see in a typical futures and options contract. Im not crazy about taking physical delivery of any of the metals, I dont really see the need, unless you are one of those folks that believe one day you will need it to barter for other goods.

Nothing wrong with that, I have plenty of clients who fall in that category, I just dont happen to be one of those folks.

In regards to premiums, it is quite normal when the price of silver drops the way it has to have those premiums rise in that fashion. I remember when the price of silver back in 08 dropped from 21 to $9 an oz. If you wanted to buy an oz of silver, you couldnt buy the physical for less than $14, the premiums were through the roof, physical demand skyrocketed yet the price of silver continued to drop.

The explanation was simple, everyone was liquidating everything in site, specially paper (futures contracts), there was an extreme need for liquidity and cash, so even though the demand for physical silver was at an all time high, the futures sell off dictated the price action more so than the actual real physical demand for the market. It definitely was a trying time in my field and business. I just had to tell my clients that the demand is there, and that eventually the prices would head back higher after all the fear and panic passed along.

I had a few clients that tripled and quadrupled their holdings below $10 an oz. today those clients, have done really well for themselves.

Oh and I wouldnt expect silver or gold to make another move not until about september or so. Usually that is the time of the year where it kicks off the season for higher price movement, right now metals are moving into what we call the summer doldrums. Not much price action, probably in my estimations see prices move sideways to down over the next 2 to 3 months. If you see prices remain at these levels or even head a bit lower, I would look to be a buyer sometime in the beginning of September. That has been my purhasing practice for my clients and it has been wildy successful. I also wouldnt expect a sort of a breakout like we saw this past year. Usually in years where we see breakouts, the following year is a year of consolidation. I would be suprised to see the price of silver break out above the $50 level within the next 12 months. Probably will take at least 18 months in my view for that to happen.

Edited by Magox

• 1 month later...

when am i supposed to trade them? it was a fun experiment for a while but i'm cashing out. anyway,thanks for setting this up.

last trade voided. final portfolio value =$10,495. y'all need to beat 4.95% return for the year. bar is set(pretty low).

game seems, for all practical purposes over, but the only way i see to have fun in this mess is to restart. is this a buying opportunity ? might as well risk it with fake money. all in with ANR at 27.45. will do the math later.

Buying 382 shares ANR at 27.45

cash=10.10

total value portfolio =$10,495

Edited by birdog1960

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I missed deadline... too late to join the fun ? What's a few months.... if not will this restart in 2012 ?

since we're not playing for anything, i don't see why not. if peace objects, we can move it to a new thread or wait til next year (the official bills mantra)..

Count me in as well. Can we establish a new deadline and cutoff in a new thread? I don't care about any prizes; just for fun.

Stocks only, right? I mean anything else like precious metals takes away from the fun :)

we allowed mutual funds and etf's and people successfully played silver with these in the game. i think we should keep it the same. i got in trouble for trading mutual funds mid day and we'll clear that up with a rule for trading mutual funds only at trading days end. i'll start a new thread to start Sept. 15 through march 15 with the same rules as this game. no prizes, just braggin rights to the winner.

• 3 months later...

So what's the final tally as we approach the finish.

John Adams has $10,000, as he's fond of telling everyone.

Who is higher? I have a Kindle ready to ship.

I turned my $10k into $16k this year.

Real money. I'll buy my own Kindle. :w00t:

Ford 10.33

intel 23.82

bp 41.85

Up about 12%

If you win, I'll donate your Kindle. It's not in my power to give you anything.

BTW, on the donation twist I mentioned earlier, I'll write a check in the amount rather than donating a Kindle. Not exactly doing someone a favor giving them a Kindle they then have to link to a credit card to buy ****. I know they work in libraries but let's be practical: The needy don't need kindles.

Edited by Peace

If you win, I'll donate your Kindle. It's not in my power to give you anything.

BTW, on the donation twist I mentioned earlier, I'll write a check in the amount rather than donating a Kindle. Not exactly doing someone a favor giving them a Kindle they then have to link to a credit card to buy ****. I know they work in libraries but let's be practical: The needy don't need kindles.

I dont want anything from you. Stick your kindle and your contest up your ass. :lol:

So what's the final tally as we approach the finish.

John Adams has $10,000, as he's fond of telling everyone.

Who is higher? I have a Kindle ready to ship.

i cashed out in august for this particular game with $13200(before ANR tanked)...anybody beat that? if not, you can donate the value of my kindle to the obama reelection fund. if you can't bring yourself to do that, then the national headquarters of Faith in Action. i'll match the donation to either if you do.