What an Absolute Embaressment

box0life

Hmm, you don't think some of those "other injuries" contributed at least in part? Come on now, we were already down to 3 UDFA at WR. David Nelson and Donald Jones were both out for this meaningless game with a back-up QB with little to no NFL experience in the game.

Get off the ledge. Yes, I was as disappointed as everyone else to lose the New England game the way we did (actually bought tickets!) but I'm glad to take the higher pick, all things considered. It doesn't matter how competitive you look against the Jets' scrubs.

Let the rationalizing begin.

Bottom line, we got totally owned the last two weeks against other teams in the AFCE. You can rationalize some against NE because they are very good and fielded their best team. The Jets didn't even dress either starting running back and still ran they were playing a UFL team. The Jets defense didn't even dress either corner or either safety and the Bills offense was shut out.

There is no rationalizing this loss. It was a pathetic performance against the JV squad of a team we play twice every season.

Hopefully it will help in terms of draft order, and it is not the end of the world as we knew going in that the Bills weren't exactly loaded with talent. But if the NE game didn't show people just how far from being competetive the Bills are, hopefully this game did.

And Nix, Gailey, and Mr. Wilson had better realize that as well.

The bolded line is just astounding. How can the starting squad of a team getting their balls cut off and fed to them by the scrubs of a AFC East opponent not matter?

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to get worked up about!!! I have a lot of Jets fans as friends and I have to listen to their mockery of the Bills all off season. I go to work everyday and I have to perform to the best of my abilities. These players and coaches show up to work and it looks as if they don't even care how they perform. Absolutely brutal.

The scary thing is, I'm already worried that they will screw up the first pick in the draft.

I hate to break it to you, but we're not getting the first pick in the draft, either.

Amazing how Jets used their 3rd stringers and still blew us away in the second half. McKnight had like 32 yards all year long and looked like OJ in this game. We need an OL and DL and LBs. Bell looks the otherway 2 or 3 times and guys go right by him without being touched and he does not touch anyone on the inside. Most oevrrateed T in NFL.

Amazing how Jets used their 3rd stringers and still blew us away in the second half. McKnight had like 32 yards all year long and looked like OJ in this game. We need an OL and DL and LBs. Bell looks the otherway 2 or 3 times and guys go right by him without being touched and he does not touch anyone on the inside. Most oevrrateed T in NFL.

Don't you have to be rated to be over-rated?

Let the rationalizing begin.

Bottom line, we got totally owned the last two weeks against other teams in the AFCE. You can rationalize some against NE because they are very good and fielded their best team. The Jets didn't even dress either starting running back and still ran they were playing a UFL team. The Jets defense didn't even dress either corner or either safety and the Bills offense was shut out.

There is no rationalizing this loss. It was a pathetic performance against the JV squad of a team we play twice every season.

Hopefully it will help in terms of draft order, and it is not the end of the world as we knew going in that the Bills weren't exactly loaded with talent. But if the NE game didn't show people just how far from being competetive the Bills are, hopefully this game did.

And Nix, Gailey, and Mr. Wilson had better realize that as well.

The bolded line is just astounding. How can the starting squad of a team getting their balls cut off and fed to them by the scrubs of a AFC East opponent not matter?

Well, when you take the bold line out of context, of course it looks ridiculous. What I meant was that in the current situation, where essentially neither team had anything to play for, it really didn't matter how the team looked against the Jets' JV squad. I'm disappointed with a poor performance, but I've seen enough out of the Bills this season to gauge where we are--good enough to hang in games with tough teams, but not nearly good enough yet to handle an elite team like the Pats. This was a 6-10 or 7-9 team with too many bad breaks and an even worse defense.

Sorry, this wasn't a barometer game, let alone resembling anything close to meaningful. And if you really think Chan gave us his A-game coaching today or that the players went all out, then you're fooling yourself. If you think it's a damning indictment of the team that they didn't bust their asses for nothing, well you're entitled to that, although I'd like to point you to that stretch after the 0-8 start (the effort was there during it too, but they couldn't win games) where the team really went all out and won games in spite of it being decidedly futile.

I'm not rationalizing to blind myself to some kind of ugly truth. I know where the Bills are. Unfortunately, too many fans are of the Mike Schopp/Jerry Sullivan mold--the glass will always be half-empty. Didn't they follow the EXACT formula that the downers wanted? They showed a lot of potential in tough games, and they still have a top 3 or 4 pick. The NE game killed my spirit a little but it did help bring me back to reality. I think getting upset over a meaningless drubbing falls in the realm of confirmation bias, no?

Edited by FightinIrishBills

crap owner....crap team.....makes for a crappy season!!

thanks for jackshit ralph wilson you deadbeat of an owner! 100% deadbeat of an owner!

LOL crap coach "Chum" Gailey we suck guys!!!

what a terrible who gives a flying frijole

it would have been nice to see them look sharp all game, or part of the game, or more than a couple times

but really, what does it matter. youve got deep scrubs playing a meaningless game with a half assed game plan cuz who gameplans for january preseason games

frankly i took away a few positives

- lost the game woo hoo! mission a1 accomplished

- most of yall are waay overreacting on brohm. i agree with chan, he knew what he was doing except on the speed of the game. he got bumped while throwing what three times, i even said while watching hes not used to the timing of the live rush. not a great excuse but when he wasnt rushed like that he made some real nice reads, progressions, and throws. in the first series he was sharp until stevie decided his outfit looked better without that brown purse we was waving around. brohm has a way to go but he did some real good things, no idea if he will ever be starter ready but he got some of the critical elements down and should be able to improve on the game speed issue. so hes not done quite yet like yall are saying

- stevie got embarrassed. again. last time he did that he changed the way he caught balls. now he will change the way he carries balls. hes not the sharpest donut in the tool deck you know, it takes pain for things to get through his skull. today was painful for him. good

- so thats what a quality starting qb does for you. ohhhhhh

- maybe just maybe that game will help the cocky jets feel even better about themselves that their undeserved sense of entitlement normally gives them and they will be overconfident and be crushed like stupid green ants ha that would be awesome (in chris farley voice)

nah this game doesnt even have a tiny drop of effect on next season, assuming there is one. bills made a ton of strides this season, found some long term solutions at several spots (wr, ol, dt), will be turning over a bunch of the roster with free agents and draft picks, and have had an entire season to get the info they need to put their allegedly and resume supported strong talent evaluators to work getting those better pieces in here

still sticking to my prediction that this team sneaks into the playoffs next season. and overall, today helped that objective. woo hoo!

Sorry, this wasn't a barometer game, let alone resembling anything close to meaningful. And if you really think Chan gave us his A-game coaching today or that the players went all out, then you're fooling yourself.

So Chan as well as the rest of the team rolled over today and didn't care that a JV team was embarrassing them.

Gee that makes me feel a lot better about next season.

What would you have thought if the score was reversed .. still meaningless? or ...

Great way to end the season and build momentum for next season?

Shows the character of the team and how hard they play for their coach?

A team that is better than their record? (oh wait, you said that anyway)

But, we got the #3 overall pick apparently so that is a good thing anyway.

Like the previous 10 ****ty seasons and counting, there is always next year.

Here is to Nix doing a good job at the draft this year and picking a winner at #3!