Fox running Defense

RuffMuff

i think the improvement of the D over the course of the season has been pretty astounding personally. I know we still suck statisically but we are much better that last 4 weeks than the first 4. That doesnt mean I am agaisnt improving the team in any way we can.

Do remember that in that 4 week period we played Detroit, Bengals, Minnesota and the fading Dolphins offense. The Bills haven't been able to stop the good teams...They have been stream rolled. Even in those games, Minnesota crushed us and so were the Bengals with Benson, before they foolishly decided to put the game in Carson Palmers hands.

A coach of Fox's calibre is most likely going to move on to another HC position, depending on the number of vacancies. The failure in Carolina was as much an ownership/management issue as it was coaching. The Panthers (much like the Bills) sat on their hands during FA, while there were many glaring holes to fill. Jerry Richardson's inactivity was influenced by the possible looming lockout.

As far as our DC goes, I think we definitely need an upgrade. GE was in over his head from day 1, but isn't that par for the course with this organization? The big question is... would Chan Gailey be willing to sacrifice his hand selected guy after just 1 season. My guess would be no.

I think he has always been involved with 4/3 teams. plus I doubt he settles for less then a Head coaching job so soon.

A coach of Fox's calibre is most likely going to move on to another HC position, depending on the number of vacancies. The failure in Carolina was as much an ownership/management issue as it was coaching. The Panthers (much like the Bills) sat on their hands during FA, while there were many glaring holes to fill. Jerry Richardson's inactivity was influenced by the possible looming lockout.

As far as our DC goes, I think we definitely need an upgrade. GE was in over his head from day 1, but isn't that par for the course with this organization? The big question is... would Chan Gailey be willing to sacrifice his hand selected guy after just 1 season. My guess would be no.

I wonder if Edwards was best available guy they could find last year or the guy Chan really wanted. With the Rumor of 11 teams changing coaches they will be a lot of Coaches and staffs available . This answer should come in the next week or two

I wonder if Edwards was best available guy they could find last year or the guy Chan really wanted. With the Rumor of 11 teams changing coaches they will be a lot of Coaches and staffs available . This answer should come in the next week or two

Good question. I'm just basing my opinion on the fact that they have a history that goes back to Dallas. Gailey was HC and Edwards was LB coach for 2 seasons. Gailey has obviously shown a willingness to cast away under-performing players. I'm thinking he won't be so quick to do so with staff. We'll see...

This is going to be a tough one for Chan. Edwards did try to move people around all season to get something to work. He also made some decent adjustments during the game.TE coverage not included.

I just dont think they had the tools this year. Give him another year and bring in some help for him. Remember when our special teams were sooo good?

I am frustrated as anyone with our defensive play this year. But i hate to run someone off after one seriously challenging season.

But on the other hand i have high expectations of Georgey next year