I want to see another quarterback competition next year

PS 56

If you play him right away, there is a much greater risk for him to bust. We have the "luxury" of a serviceable QB, keep him on the field while the kid learns.

Even if the team is open to him playing next year, at least the pressure isnt there at the beginning when he is just trying to get adjusted to the Pro game.

The good news is, no matter which way you prefer, the Bills have the ability to go either way.

You have nothing to prove that other than that it's your opinion. The Bills started Ferguson as a rookie & gave JP a year. I'm sure you can find cases the other way that also prove nothing. Maybe the best way to look at it is, every player is an individual and you let the coach make a judgement based on the camps & preseason.

You have nothing to prove that other than that it's your opinion. The Bills started Ferguson as a rookie & gave JP a year. I'm sure you can find cases the other way that also prove nothing. Maybe the best way to look at it is, every player is an individual and you let the coach make a judgement based on the camps & preseason.

I agree, and I dont argue for a second that any statement made about any possible draft pick is ONLY opinion and nothing more. But I recently watched the ESPN show about the QB position which had Steve Young, Jaws, and Jon Gruden talking about all of the different things that go into being a QB, and they ALL agreed that whether the player needs it or not, having the option or luxury of taking a year to get acclimated helps young QBs.

My point in the post you quoted was that, since we have Fitz, we can go with either plan. We dont HAVE to have the rookie start for us the way Bradford had to. We have the luxury of letting him spend his first year learning. BUT IF he does develop quickly, we can start him his first year if it comes to it.

The player's development can dictate his status, which is good. Instead of the team situation dictating his status, which can be disastrous.

Edited by DrDankenstein