Kyle Williams Defensive Player of Year

Fingon

I love it when my schedule comes in and the Bills are one of my games of the week. You want to know why? Because it means I get to watch Kyle Williams play. And that means I’m in on a secret that not many people seem to be aware of and that makes me feel a little bit (more) special.

Williams is the best defensive player in football this year. I’ve seen him beat up on guards and centers all year round. He’s pushed them over, bull rushed them or just thrown them to floor. He just won’t allow himself to be stopped. And though I doubt he gets the end-of-season honors he deserves I implore everyone to pay him some attention — in a year where there are some truly impressive defensive performers, he’s the best.

1. Kyle Williams, DT, Bills +48.7

Is Williams is going to slow down soon? Ask the Miami interior he destroyed.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/12/24/defensive-player-of-the-year-send-us-the-bill/

Come on Kyle Williams (+6.1). At least take a day off when I’m covering Bills games so I don’t have to keep repeating myself. Williams was unstoppable, and not for the first time this year. In one of the best performances from a defensive tackle all year (and yet we’ve seen better from Williams himself) our leading candidate for defensive player of the year picked up a sack and three pressures. And his best work was done in run defense, where he added a number of tackles for losses and five total defensive stops. He ripped through the Miami line time and time again. Seriously folks, watch this guy play, you’ll be amazed.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/12/23/re-focused-week-15-dolphins-at-bills/

Sounds about right to me.

Imagine if we had big Pat for the last few years? Kyle has had a great year but has always been a very good player the last 3 or so years. If in 2008-2009 we had Big Pat stuffing up the lanes next to him? Imagine if we had Nagta on this team either Playing DE or NT or playing next to Kyle in a 4-3.

I always liked Kyle but this year he has just been so dominant. Yeah our Run D sucks but we aren't getting gashed up the middle. Kyle has nothing to do with our bad run D.