Belichick talks about bills again

dailar

Fred was a 10 year Bill, 5 times in pro bowl, blocked the field goal against the Jets that ended a decade of bad karma and that brought the Bills back to the playoff.

We let him go in 1989, and he played for San Fran and the Pats for 3 more years. Yes, I think we let him go a couple of years too soon. After being there for the rebuilding years, it would have been nice for him to play in one of the super bowls. And don't you think our D line would have done better against OJ Anderson with Freddie in the middle? I think Fred was let go due to his big mouth not his play. And I can see why he has ill will towards the Bills to this day.

Maybe we need to put the "Bermuda triangle" up on the wall of fame to set things straight, and get some of that Smerlas Karma back.

I agree, Bilicheat has coach speak down to a science. Everything is calculated with this guy.

He had little left when he left Buffalo. Jeff Wright was younger and did a fine job after that oozing boil left.

And, just so you know, he didn't simply badmouth the Bills (and Jeff Wright). He regularly railed on the city of Buffalo, the people in Buffalo and particularly Bills fans. He is a classless buffoon.

Did he just jump offsides AGAIN?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Bilicheat has coach speak down to a science. Everything is calculated with this guy.

Yup; another reason why he's the best in the biz. He's never going to give the other team motivation, never gives them a hint about his game planning, and he'll have his team prepared to win better than the opponent almost every single time.

Smerlas was always a smartass and one heck of football player. His locker room pranks were legendary and probably wouldn't be allowed in the PC world we live in today. Too bad he didn't retire in Buffalo, rather than Boston, but he was a Bean Town homer anyway.

I told you what Belicheat would do after he talks nice about the Bills. He kicks our ass, and rubs our nose in the crap. He does it each year, exactly the same way, telling the media he really respects our team, thus nullifying the butt kicking he is about to give us. Nobody thinks twice when he beats the tar out of us, because "he respects our team and how well we are doing".

Somebody needs to kick the crap out of him and his precious team. Unfortunately, it won't be Buffalo for at least another two years or so.

Smerlas was always a smartass and one heck of football player. His locker room pranks were legendary and probably wouldn't be allowed in the PC world we live in today. Too bad he didn't retire in Buffalo, rather than Boston, but he was a Bean Town homer anyway.

The Bills wanted to bring younger players into the defense. Smerlas was pissed because he felt that HE was a better nose tackle then Jeff Wright was. His last year with the Bills, he was forced to share time at Nose, and he let everyone know how he felt. He said he would not complain about losing his starting role to a better player, but was not given a fair chance to be challenged for his spot.

At least that explains to me his bitter feelings about the Bills, mixed in with his fond memories of Bills fans and five pro-bowls.

I too have met him and have no reason to speak poorly of him. I am NOT saying that some others' bad experiences with him are not valid, just stating my experience and opinions!