I am A Dummy

mousetrap08

Hey guys or gails I need your help because I don't follow colledge football that much and I don't claim to be a expert at pro football personel. I am not really all that worried that the front office will not resighn Donte Whitner as reported today. In my opinion and I could be wrong I would never draft a safty in the 1st rd unless you knew that player was a can't miss player that came onece in a life time. I am a big believer in the big man first. I say OL or DL first then LB. What I was wondering is if you guys were running this years draft or FA'S what would you do to make the Bills a better team and a possiable playoff contender.I am looking fordward to any response with the greatest repect from anybody that has a opnion on this topic. :)

First off after his performance last year i can't for the life of me understand WHY George Wilson was not the starting safety instead of Whitner anyway . Last year Wilson had as many tackles & interceptions in his play last year as Whitner did in his previous 3 years at the position .

I would hate to see Whitner leave but i think it would be worse to let George Wilson go & his contract is up this year too . Wilson is a much more solid tackler & is as good if not better of a leader because he leads by EXAMPLE !!

Whitner is probably looking for big money too & that wouldn't be bad if he had big play to go along with big contract but the Bills i think want to pay him according to his over all play not his big tweet promises on twitter !!!!

And some one please tell me if i'm wrong but a lot of Whitners tackles i seem to see him turning sideways when he hits a guy instead of tagging him with his shoulder , if i'm seeing things please let me know but i seem to see that out of him a lot !!

Please Bills sign George first then worry about Donte !!!

Hey guys or gails I need your help because I don't follow colledge football that much and I don't claim to be a expert at pro football personel. I am not really all that worried that the front office will not resighn Donte Whitner as reported today. In my opinion and I could be wrong I would never draft a safty in the 1st rd unless you knew that player was a can't miss player that came onece in a life time. I am a big believer in the big man first. I say OL or DL first then LB. What I was wondering is if you guys were running this years draft or FA'S what would you do to make the Bills a better team and a possiable playoff contender.I am looking fordward to any response with the greatest repect from anybody that has a opnion on this topic. :)

As far as i am conserned ewe still welcome hear. Join us as we make the Bills a better team so we can win the Supperbowl

First off after his performance last year i can't for the life of me understand WHY George Wilson was not the starting safety instead of Whitner anyway . Last year Wilson had as many tackles & interceptions in his play last year as Whitner did in his previous 3 years at the position .

I would hate to see Whitner leave but i think it would be worse to let George Wilson go & his contract is up this year too . Wilson is a much more solid tackler & is as good if not better of a leader because he leads by EXAMPLE !!

Whitner is probably looking for big money too & that wouldn't be bad if he had big play to go along with big contract but the Bills i think want to pay him according to his over all play not his big tweet promises on twitter !!!!

And some one please tell me if i'm wrong but a lot of Whitners tackles i seem to see him turning sideways when he hits a guy instead of tagging him with his shoulder , if i'm seeing things please let me know but i seem to see that out of him a lot !!

I have been critical of Whitner's play all season long, but I must admit, I have been impressed with his play over the past four weeks. That being said, I agree that starting George Wilson would not be a tremendous drop-off in talent. George has proven to be more than capable at SS. I say let Whitner walk.

I'm not sure which is worse, your spelling or your grammar. You should be a school teacher, you are actually better than the ones here in MN. One teacher here spelled Minnesota as Minesotah and corrected the public who spelled it right.

Iam not sure either what is worse :bag::blush: lol

Personally, I won't miss Whitner one bit. Has he been playing better as of late? Yes. Is he still just an average NFL safety? At best. He will never live up to a first round pick, even if he was on a great defense.

I also agree that football is won in the trenches. I believe dominant O and D lines win games, period. It helps to be stacked at other positions but these two elements are the most important to fill. And please save the b.s. about how a great quarterback could take any team to the super bowl because that's a joke.

I would love to see us take the best premier D lineman with our first pick and if he isn't there at pick 4-8 which we should have, trade down and load up on D line, LB's, and O line depth. Add in some free agency additions (a stud on D,a huge tight end, a solid RT) and watch out wild card spot next year!

Don't forget lazy too.

There are dozens of draft and mock daft threads to read on this forum.

:oops: Sorry you don't like my thread. It was not intended to offend you or anyone else. I try to treat everybody on here with respect.

Edited by shadowcat10

this has to be an act...

Yes, lets worry about our backup much more than our starter. After all you think he's better.

this has to be an act...

It might be or it might not be one thing is for sure you will never really know. Like a bad commercial my thread got your attention to read it and to comment on it. :P Edited by shadowcat10