Polamalu named Defensive Player of the week for 2nd week in a row

1B4IDie

Before I saw the rest of the post title, when i saw Polamalu, I thought of Bruce. He is that rare of a freakish athlete and instinctive football player. Guy may be one of the best SS to play the game when it is all over.

When poeple cite the difference between him and Donte as an example of why Whitner is not adequate, you have to laugh. No safety in the leage is in the same stratosphere.

Polamalu is playing lights out. He routinely makes huge plays when they matter the most. Week after week he's coming up with either picks, sacks, or strips to seal or win games. The guy deserves every honor there is from player of the week to the Pro Bowl to defensive player of the year.

Why isn't Polamalu being considered for either NFL MVP or defensive player of the year?

All you hear about now is Harrison.

Polamalu has singlehandedly won them games this year (Ravens, Bengals, Bills). Without him, their defense is probably #10 instead of #1.

Actually, I thought it was Stevie Johnson who singlehandedly won the game for the Squealers.

Before I saw the rest of the post title, when i saw Polamalu, I thought of Bruce. He is that rare of a freakish athlete and instinctive football player. Guy may be one of the best SS to play the game when it is all over.

When poeple cite the difference between him and Donte as an example of why Whitner is not adequate, you have to laugh. No safety in the leage is in the same stratosphere.

I am the ultimate Steeler hater, but you gotta agree with this. It was not a coincidence that the Steelers lost 5 straight to inferior competition last year when Troy was injured. The way the Steelers play football, most of their games come down to the wire, and when they've got Troy in there making game changing plays in the 4th quarter, they almost always win those close games.

Polamalu is playing lights out. He routinely makes huge plays when they matter the most. Week after week he's coming up with either picks, sacks, or strips to seal or win games. The guy deserves every honor there is from player of the week to the Pro Bowl to defensive player of the year.

He is a difference maker for sure. He probably single-handedly won the game against the Bills for the Steelers.

On a different note, I pulled out my old Super Bowl XXV game program because it had a week by week breakdown of the regular season that year as well as who won Off and Def players of the week in the AFC and NFC.

Cornelius Bennett also won back to back Def player of the week in weeks #4 and #5. Darryl Talley won Def player of the week in week #16 as well. Pretty impressive to have 5 of the 17 Def player/week come from one team.

Oh yeah, in week #8, Jairus Byrd's father, Gill, won Def player of the week with the Chargers.

Offensively, Thurman Thomas won it in week 3 and Andre Reed won it in week 7. Ahh, the good old days.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by machinegun12