Calling Beatles fans...you can listen to an amazing event

boyst

Actually, there a quite a few - unless you're using his bank account as the sole measure. Otherwise, I really never even considered Sir Paul ' legendary ' at all - not even close. Just another aging pop star.

Chuck Berry's still alive :worthy:

Yes, I know Paul does plenty of Beatles songs in concert. But to me, it's like Steve Winwood returning to his past and signing Traffic and Blind Faith songs. They seem hollow now.

Winwood and McCartney were very talented musicians. Both of them sold out and made crap for many years. They are dead to me.

Tut tut. I saw Steve Winwood live recently and he did Low Spark and Sea of Joy and it was amazing.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm glad he's around and he does deserve every last bit of adulation he gets---his contributions to pop music can never be ignored. But he always (to me at least) was one of those guys who needed a partner to balance some of his goofier impulses. Jagger and Richards are like that too. Their solo stuff is next to unlistenable. Pete Townshend's songwriter fell apart once the chemistry changed in the who (literally and figuratively). My favorite songwriter is Robert Pollard. Based on who he is collaborating with his stuff is either absolute perfection or boring self indulgent dreck.

Keith Richards Talk is Cheap is an excellent CD. Disagree that balance is needed.

Actually, there a quite a few - unless you're using his bank account as the sole measure. Otherwise, I really never even considered Sir Paul ' legendary ' at all - not even close. Just another aging pop star.

Get a grip.

Fantastic. As if the Lennon McCartney duo was Weezer.