The Grass Isn't Greener Over There

whodat

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent some time down in that area some time ago. I know it pretty well. I always enjoyed the area.

I have to disagree with you on RW’s desire and commitment to winning. He obviously operates past and present a lot differently than Snyder. Neither has had much success recently. I’m biased but I think RW is a much more likeable guy than Snyder. This is besides the point but I wouldn’t be surprised if he fired Shanahan as soon as the end of this season. Snyder loves headlines as much as he likes winning. He’s ruthless, irrational, impetuous and everything now to win. You may disagree with how I characterize him but I don’t think he represents a winning formula.

I’ve heard stories and since you’re local, you probably know this better than I, where Snyder has actually sued fans on several different occasions for breaking season ticket arrangements and box suites where their individual businesses were struggling or other special family circumstances that led them to having trouble paying their Snyder bills. He seems like a real low down to me.

I like your overall take on the bills but I think Chan is changing the culture here big time.

I know Washington can be a pretty tough market. They're as loyal as us. And you can't pull the wool over their eyes. It's interesting hearing that Shanahan is taking a little heat for this season.

Yes - Snyder has definitely been a weasel with lawsuits and whatnot. He has been anything but likable. He turned off a lot of folks with the way he wrung every nickel out of the fan base, making it so you can't say "redskins" without him sending you a bill. He dumped a GREAT radio guy (Frank Herzog) in favor of a sycophant who sounds like Cameron Frye on the phone to the principal in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. And his field goal kicking exploits are well documented (with his former GM serving as holder!... as if to say "how hard can this be?") All that said, it seems that Synder is making a lot less noise than he used to, though. I think the folks he brought in have managed to shut his piehole... for now. His involvement in player matters -- though passionate and well intentioned -- has been toxic, and it seems that he is less involved now.

Through these tough losses, Chan has achieved the appearance of strong team unity, with no infighting (that we can see), no discernable dissention in the ranks, and no passivity/bland acceptance of poor play. That is positive. Now all he needs is Ws to make the progress more tangible.

except the next denver coach inherits the #11 offense even though they lost marshall and the defense will get their 17 sack man back from injury...but we have chan and buddy

Dude I live in Denver. Who is a better team right now is disputable, although I'd lean strongly toward Buffalo. What I can assure you however, is that Denver is completely and utterly directionless and completely without any sort of identity whatsoever. I don't think you could say the same about the Bills right now. We are one year ahead of them in the sense that we accepted that we are in a rebuilding phase, which Denver has yet to do, but will have to under the new coach. The grass is definitely greener in Buffalo than Denver (literally and figuratively). Yes, they do have one pass rusher who had one very good season though.

Yes - Snyder has definitely been a weasel with lawsuits and whatnot. He has been anything but likable. He turned off a lot of folks with the way he wrung every nickel out of the fan base, making it so you can't say "redskins" without him sending you a bill. He dumped a GREAT radio guy (Frank Herzog) in favor of a sycophant who sounds like Cameron Frye on the phone to the principal in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. And his field goal kicking exploits are well documented (with his former GM serving as holder!... as if to say "how hard can this be?") All that said, it seems that Synder is making a lot less noise than he used to, though. I think the folks he brought in have managed to shut his piehole... for now. His involvement in player matters -- though passionate and well intentioned -- has been toxic, and it seems that he is less involved now.

Through these tough losses, Chan has achieved the appearance of strong team unity, with no infighting (that we can see), no discernable dissention in the ranks, and no passivity/bland acceptance of poor play. That is positive. Now all he needs is Ws to make the progress more tangible.

Thanks. I appreciate the insights and wit.

So this is what it has come to. Arguing which team is more of a joke?

Lets try and grow up people.

Glad to see you got the point.

CodeMonkey

Sounds like the only banter you enjoy is that shared with your computer while writing code. Sad, so sad. Maybe you should try a Bills tailgate party.

Edited by whodat