Mckelvin = Ronnie Harmon

vegas55

McKelvin has absolutely awesome physical talent. Unfortunately he is also clearly clumsy/accident prone. What worries me is that some folks are just like that, curious as it may seem its almost a personality trait and therefore next to impossible to correct. Hope thats not the case with Leodis.

Is it bad form to call attention to this thread after today's game?

No. It's time for McBumblin McStumblin McFumblin to get his game together. His poor play could very well lead to the team drafting another corner early, which has proven an ineffective strategy for building a winner in Buffalo.

I just hope we aren't still in this place with CJ Spiller in two years and have to endure another RB being drafted in round 1.

There are certain players who have mad athletic talent but come up small in the biggest moments. They can be valuable contributors to a teams success, but put them in those big moments and disaster follows. Ronnie Harmon was a perfect example. From his 5 fumbles in the Rose Bowl to his dropped TD pass in the Cleveland playoff game, these are players that will break your heart, will choke in the biggest moments. Mckelvin certainly appears to be in that category. Lets go back to the Monday night New England game, where, on the verge of a huge upset victory, he fumbles the kickoff and loses the game. Whats often overlooked is that Mckelvin also fumbled the previous kickoff that game, but the Bills recovered. So in that huge moment, with a huge upset win on the national stage, he fumbles two consecutive kickoffs.

And this Sunday against Pittsburg, with a wide open field, this most gifted and coordinated of athletes trips over his teamates legs. With all the room in the world

Another commonality with these guys is that they appear to be oblivious to their own hall of fame choking. Harmon never understood the fuss over his dropped pass, and Mckelvin, after stumbling the game away, comes off the field pounding his chest in triumph.

But you live with these guys because on a game by game basis, they are valuable contributors because of their natural ability. But please, in those big moments, keep them away from the ball!!

good thing hes not our kick or punt returner... unless 3 people get injured

Somehow, I get this sense that if McKelvin had been drafted by Bill Belichick, he'd be an All-World shutdown corner at this point. Maybe not, I suppose, but ... ugh.

Unfortunately, Belichick doesn't draft players based on their track and field results as the Bills did with McKelvin. Chances are, he would have traded back to allow McKelvin to be someone else's problem.

Unfortunately, Belichick doesn't draft players based on their track and field results as the Bills did with McKelvin. Chances are, he would have traded back to allow McKelvin to be someone else's problem.

I was thinking the same thing after I hit "add reply", frankly. Belichick doesn't usually spend his time on great athletes who can't handle the mental load he demands out of his players.

The other way McKelvin resembles Harmon is his unwillingness to accept responsibility. Remember that Harmon blamed Jimbo for his drop in Cleveland, saying that he would have caught it "if Jim had thrown it sooner." And McKelvin actually told the media that he thought he played well yesterday. WTF. Even if that's true in some ways, there's no escaping that his sequence of three plays -- beaten by Rice, fumbled kickoff, PI in the end zone -- absolutely turned the worm.

Edited by BRH