Great Steve Johnson article

Coach Klein

Its interesting one could write an alleged football article about the Bills passing game (even if the article is about the exploits of Stevie Johnson and not mention Lee Evans a lot.

I think that the analysis of almost all Bills fans is that the most significant thing from Johnson's great production are either that a key to it is the Evans has racked up more 70+ yard TDs than any other player in the NFL for a bunch of years in a row and this free Johnson to run great routes against single or zone coverage.

Alternately there are those who (foolishly in my view) call for the Bills to dump Evans because of SJs productivity (sorry Virginia this view is shortsighted as it does not seen to understand that it is the fear of the Evans fly pattern that sops teams from doubling SJ.

Graham generally does a good job but this one is too long on personality and not enough about the game of football,

Its interesting one could write an alleged football article about the Bills passing game (even if the article is about the exploits of Stevie Johnson and not mention Lee Evans a lot.

I think that the analysis of almost all Bills fans is that the most significant thing from Johnson's great production are either that a key to it is the Evans has racked up more 70+ yard TDs than any other player in the NFL for a bunch of years in a row and this free Johnson to run great routes against single or zone coverage.

Alternately there are those who (foolishly in my view) call for the Bills to dump Evans because of SJs productivity (sorry Virginia this view is shortsighted as it does not seen to understand that it is the fear of the Evans fly pattern that sops teams from doubling SJ.

Graham generally does a good job but this one is too long on personality and not enough about the game of football,

LOL, Lee Evans is having a bad year. Johnson is not. Give credit where it's due.

I disagree with it being too long on personality. people idolize professional athletes. an article like this lets readers relate to the players and helps people realize these athletes are actually people too.

nowhere did I see anyone claim this article to be about football. Tim wrote it in his AFC East Blog on espn.com. he can write about anything in the AFC East. Steve Johnson happens to be a reciever for the Buffalo Bills...and the Buffalo Bills happen to be in the AFC East.

and Evans may draw double coverage alot leaving Johnson singled up but you can't discredit Steve for that. The man is taking full advantage of it...something the future HOFer TO couldn't do last year.

LOL, Lee Evans is having a bad year. Johnson is not. Give credit where it's due.

Yes but that still doesn't mean teams are not dbl covering and have a saftey over the top just in case. He can have the worst year EVER and it doesn't change that he is fast and can burn you if you leave him alone on those fly routes. It helps Stevie and everybody else believe me.

Evans is having a bad year stat wise but even Stevie acknowledges that he's getting so open because teams roll coverage Evan's way because they fear the big play. Not taking anything away from Johnson, he's been fantastic but Evans has made his job quite a bit easier.

Yes but that still doesn't mean teams are not dbl covering and have a saftey over the top just in case. He can have the worst year EVER and it doesn't change that he is fast and can burn you if you leave him alone on those fly routes. It helps Stevie and everybody else believe me.

I didn't say Evans doesn't help Johnson. I don't deny if teams leave him 1 on 1 they'll get burned. However, that doesn't change the fact that he only averages about 3 catches a game...now does it?

Or it could be that the Bills have a pretty good offensive coach now, one with more than 0 experience in the NFL, who can actually design plays and sequences to get his playmaker -- Steve Johnson -- open to make plays.

Nah. :rolleyes: