Magic Johnson on Kimmel - NFL back to LA

It used to be like crossing a state line but not anymore. You have to carry a passport and get grilled by the border guards when you get back. When I came home I used to make a quick trip to Maxine's for the ballet. Now you have to explain yourself why you crossed an international border to see naked women. Thanks, Osama bin Laden. Prick.

PTR

Sorry... guess you didn't get the reference?

(Fundamentally I agree with you, but having your team leave town for another and having a 2 hour plus drive to see them isn't something I think any fan of the game should endure. That's all)

I don't get this plan. Who is going to spend a billion on a new stadium in LA for a team that they won't own?

Same kind of people who build the New Meadowlands stadium and don't own the Jets or Giants. Or the people who own University of Phoenix stadium and don't own the Cardinals. Just because you own an NFL does not mean you own the stadium.

LA is not a NFL town, the raiders,rams could not do it. Why would they think it would happen now.LA is a college football and NBA city.LA is for winning teams if your team sucks nobody will show up for the games.the lakers sell out every game and the ave tix price is about$250.the clippers play in the same place and nobody goes to the games.the clippers work out and practice at the spectrum club.it's like the bac in buffalo you can run on a treadmill next to a bunch of 7 footers next to you.

I wouldn't say i completely agree with that. The rams and raiders both left because of stadium issues and wanting a new one and LA basically saying the Coliseum was fine. So they bolted when they didn't get a new stadium, not because of the fan base. I think LA could and most likely will support an NFL team.

It should be the Jags. The other teams don't have to cover up 10K seats and still face blackouts.

They'll have to cover up 25k seats if they move to LA. They should totally do it though since it worked so well last time.

It used to be like crossing a state line but not anymore. You have to carry a passport and get grilled by the border guards when you get back. When I came home I used to make a quick trip to Maxine's for the ballet. Now you have to explain yourself why you crossed an international border to see naked women. Thanks, Osama bin Laden. Prick.

PTR

Don't even get me started. As much as I think bin Laden ought to be slowly tortured to death, the stupid border cr@p is a knee-jerk response that makes no sense considering anyone with half-a-brain could get across that porous 6000 mile border undetected pretty easily (see the Bruce Willis movie "The Jackal" for a "how-to"). As for flying, what's next? Full-body cavity searches???