(OT) Dodge wheels could fall off...

USMCBillsFan

BS.  It isn't all maintenance.  There is a SIGNIFICANT quality difference between manufacturers.

155579[/snapback]

Bingo, and like I said, I don't point the finger at the workers. I've done contract work for both Japanese and American manufacturers and you'd be amazed at the stuff that goes out the door in the American plant, whereas the same item would either go to rebuild, or would be scrapped in a Japanese plant.

You should get a Toyota. I saw the commercials for their trucks. They're being marketed as "Sturdier. Roomier. Versatilier."

I have no fuggin' clue what the fug 'versatilier' is...unless they've just decided to start making up words...but there you have it. If you want a truck that's 'versatilier,' that's your ride...

155276[/snapback]

Toyota's most recent marketing direction is more flippant than most, kind of like what VW's used to be. "Versatilier" is just an example of that: made-up word or bad grammar (take your pick) specifically intended to be a tongue-in-cheek joke designed to appeal to the younger crowd.

It probably works, too...

Bingo, and like I said, I don't point the finger at the workers. I've done contract work for both Japanese and American manufacturers and you'd be amazed at the stuff that goes out the door in the American plant, whereas the same item would either go to rebuild, or would be scrapped in a Japanese plant.

155588[/snapback]

I work for Honda in Lincoln, AL. I can't speak for the big three but can tell you that no vehicles (Odyssey or Pilot) leave the plant with bad or defective parts. Heck I work in the weld department and we still check all of our welds with a driver and a hammer. There is no doubt that this is the best way, still I think we are the only manufacturer to use this method. We guarantee the highest percentage of good welds in the industry. Think about it. There is nothing more important in a vehicle than structural integrity.

If you think I am proud of the quality that goes out of our door you are correct.

Jim