I feel very lucky to have seen this guy play in his best years

BuffaloBill

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, Bruce is #4??? Bull ****.

Does anyone else feel insulted by this? Nobody has ever been better. What a travesty. LT is the only one I can live with being ranked higher, but even still, Bruce was more impressive. Let Bruce stand up and rush the passer or slap a guy in the head....good grief that would be nasty.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

:thumbsup: Me too! The first time in my life, I really thought we were SB bound!

"I've got a feeling, Buffalo's going to the Super Bowl" - Baby Johnson

It was my freshman year in college. The Bills had played one playoff game since I had become a fan when I was 6 years old. I went to just about every one of those Dolphins losses in the 70s with my Dad. We finally beat them in the opener, and my name is still on that goalpost.

You can thru the whole year with so many great things happening. That Steelers game - I still remember Butler's great TD catch. The Rams 2 weeks later - the other Super Bowl team from the year before. Win in OT and the crowd doesn't leave, and the Bills come back on the field and everybody dances to Talkin' Proud for what seems like half an hour.

I come back again after the semester just in time for that nailbiting 49ers clincher. We go out to Prior Aviation and there are 8000 or so people there in about 8 degrees. Luckily, we had been drinking since the game started!

Wow, going thru this, I'm thinking no wonder it's my all time favorite team. Plus the cast of characters - aforementioned Baby Johnson, Villapiano, Conrad Dobler, Reggie, Haslet (who gets in a fight with another character, Isiah Robertson at the Pierce Arrow), Smerlas, etc.

what the hell was that?!?! was he drunk??

Wow, I haven't seen that since it happened. It is hilarious that Bruce keels over, is totally out, and the guy tries to keep talking to him about Flutie!

as far as bills who were dominating talents id have to go with OJ as #1 and Bruce as #1b. both those guys were just so much better than everyone around them. too bad they both are total jerks

OJs talents were obvious, he made defenses look like bad actors in movies where they are pretending to tackle the guy but cant touch him. but Bruces talents were a little less overt, you sometimes had to watch closely to see exactly how superhuman he was. he had this one move where he would pick up the blocker and throw him to the side using it as a counterweight to hurl himself to the qb in a split second. it was unreal. i used to sit in the endzones and just watch him with the binocs, then go home and watch it on tape to confirm i really saw what i just saw

i loved jimbo and he would be #3 but he wasnt in the same class as those two. maybe peyton manning is but jimbo was just short of that imo