Fantasy Football dead at TBD?

Buftex

Nobody has posted in this forum in 16 days? Either everyone is completely bored with FF, or their team is lousy!

I am in a twelve man league, and other than the top two teams (BlueFire and the future Mrs. BlueFire), everyone else is pretty lumped together...at 4-6-1, I am in a three way tie with two others, at the #7 spot, and only a win out of the final playoff spot. We have had a lot of ties this season, and, for whatever reason, our commish doesn't want to create a tie breaker...I think someone is going to get screwed.

Anyways, despite my awful record, just had my highest scoring week, ever, in almost 20 years of playing....208 points!

Yeah, no fantasy chat this year.

Anyways, despite my awful record, just had my highest scoring week, ever, in almost 20 years of playing....208 points!

Wow!

I had a pretty nice week in one league; 142 points from 7 starters (my backup TE had a goose egg), and an additional 98 points by my 6 bench guys (including S Johnson)! There was no combination of players that I could have used and lost with.

Yeah, no fantasy chat this year.

Wow!

I had a pretty nice week in one league; 142 points from 7 starters (my backup TE had a goose egg), and an additional 98 points by my 6 bench guys (including S Johnson)! There was no combination of players that I could have used and lost with.

It was crazy...I had Drew Brees, Greg Jennings, Steve Johnson, Fred Jackson and the Bucs defense going, and all were amongst the highest scoring at their positions, this past week. Only sub-par performer I had was Jacob Tamme (6 points) which is not too bad, given the unrliability that exists amongst all but the top two tight ends in the NFL.

Just pouring over the standings (my job is really boring) and I see that the top 3 playoff spots are pretty much sewn up, but for the last three slots, we have one team at 5-5-1, two teams at 5-6, and three teams at 4-6-1...so that is six teams, all within one win of eachother, fighting it out for three playoff spots. I had almost given up making roster moves...but I love this kind of stuff! Looking at the schedule the rest of the way, if I just win my last two games, I am pretty sure I am in, at 6-6-1...parity is everywhere!

Edited by Buftex

Nobody has posted in this forum in 16 days? Either everyone is completely bored with FF, or their team is lousy!

I am in a twelve man league, and other than the top two teams (BlueFire and the future Mrs. BlueFire), everyone else is pretty lumped together...at 4-6-1, I am in a three way tie with two others, at the #7 spot, and only a win out of the final playoff spot. We have had a lot of ties this season, and, for whatever reason, our commish doesn't want to create a tie breaker...I think someone is going to get screwed.

I can't believe both of our teams are this good. In the other league she's playing with me in, she's in dead last. I guess that makes her .500 overall? lol. We both got really lucky so far this year. Especially me, the two RBs I took later in the draft have worked out. I didn't even play my 1st and 3rd round picks last week! (Shonn Greene & Andre Johnson). Usually that means your team is going to suck.

Your week was nuts! That was the perfect storm of fantasy. 2nd week in a row Dustin played someone who had their team blow up (although last time it was just Matt Cassell's 55 points).

Edited by BlueFire

I can't believe both of our teams are this good. In the other league she's playing with me in, she's in dead last. I guess that makes her .500 overall? lol. We both got really lucky so far this year. Especially me, the two RBs I took later in the draft have worked out. I didn't even play my 1st and 3rd round picks last week! (Shonn Greene & Andre Johnson). Usually that means your team is going to suck.

Your week was nuts! That was the perfect storm of fantasy. 2nd week in a row Dustin played someone who had their team blow up (although last time it was just Matt Cassell's 55 points).

Your team is astounding. Have you ever had less than 100 points, any week? I know I am not going anywhere, but to make the playoffs would be a moral victory. It seems you and Mrs Fire on a collision course! Nobody loses, if that is the case! :thumbsup:

Are you going to the A&M game on Thanksgiving? Me, I am working it again...can't turn down that money...I have to have some extra cash to finance all my waiver moves! :lol:

Just realized, I have only 6 of the 17 players that I drafted, left on my roster. This may have been my worst draft ever...having my #1 running back go down for the season week 1 didn't help.

Edited by Buftex

In a bit irony I scored the most points in my league this week with 199 points but I was officially eliminated from the playoffs last night when one of the two teams I was competing with for our final playoff spot won his game by 1 point thanks to a late sack by Larry English of Kyle Orton. As my team is solid but had injuries all year at RB and Colston and Wayne have struggled finding the end zone all year and Matt Schaub didn't produce as well as I'd hoped. Though I might be in contention to win the Toilet Bowl.

In my second league I'm still in contention but have on the outside looking in all year but could be heating up at the right moment to sneak in.

Edited by The Jokeman

In a bit irony I scored the most points in my league this week with 199 points but I was officially eliminated from the playoffs last night when one of the two teams I was competing with for our final playoff spot won his game by 1 point thanks to a late sack by Larry English of Kyle Orton. As my team is solid but had injuries all year at RB and Colston and Wayne have struggled finding the end zone all year and Matt Schaub didn't produce as well as I'd hoped. Though I might be in contention to win the Toilet Bowl.

In my second league I'm still in contention but have on the outside looking in all year but could be heating up at the right moment to sneak in.

I know your pain...one year, two years ago IIRC, I had the highest scoring team in our league, by a healthy margin, but didn't even make the playoffs!

Oh wait, Damas is there too, it's a 4-way tie.

Yeah..four way tie (everyone is at 5-6-1) going into the final week, with 3 playoff spots on the line. I think, if somehow I beat Charly in the final game, and Big Ben beats Damas (oh the irony!), I would be in. But, beating Charly will be tough...she has done an amazing job of working the waiver wire...I am scared, mainly because I have to rely on too many Buffalo Bills for my success...I didn't plan it that way. I have been getting more points from some guys that got off to miserable starts, so that has been nice...but I haven't beaten any good teams, and am only 1-4 in my division...

Either way, it sure looks like you are going to win this thing...both you and Charly have been amazingly consistent...

If all the scores hold up through the Monday Night game, I am in the playoffs! ****! I am excited! I don't expect to win anything, but after an 0-4-1 start, I'll take it! If I am doing my match correctly (a big "if"), I will be the fourth seed!

Edited by Buftex

I get the 4th seed for you too. I think you'll be playing Dustin in the first round. Coincidentally, if you had played him this week, you'd win by one point.

I'm kinda hoping Greg ends up losing. I'd rather face one of the other teams over you in round 2 lol.

I get the 4th seed for you too. I think you'll be playing Dustin in the first round. Coincidentally, if you had played him this week, you'd win by one point.

I'm kinda hoping Greg ends up losing. I'd rather face one of the other teams over you in round 2 lol.

So, I play Dustin and Tag plays Greg...assuming I win (I dohave home field advantage! :rolleyes: ), and if Greg wins, I will be playing your team in week 2 of the playoffs! You and the Misses get to kick back for a weekend, and try to figure out how you're going to spend all that money!!! Barring an injury or two, I don't see how you don't win this thing! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

So, I play Dustin and Tag plays Greg...assuming I win (I dohave home field advantage! :rolleyes: ), and if Greg wins, I will be playing your team in week 2 of the playoffs! You and the Misses get to kick back for a weekend, and try to figure out how you're going to spend all that money!!! Barring an injury or two, I don't see how you don't win this thing! :thumbsup:

Aaaaand the finals is Dustin vs Tag. Funny how that works out.

Aaaaand the finals is Dustin vs Tag. Funny how that works out.

Man, that sucks...nothing against Tag or Dustin (and I would be happy as anyone to get to the final with a 6-6-1 record, which I was shooting for!), but I can't believe the stars aligned the way they did, for your team to all have sub-par days on the same day...crazy how this works. Fantasy Football, as much as I love playing, is really frustrating. I haven't played fantasy baseball, or fantasy basketball in some time, but, those games are a little more even than football...I am really sorry for you Chris. You had the kind of season that I had, the first year I won that league...Carson Palmer was my QB! Just one off day...I really wanted you to win...I like when my people win!

Take some solace that you didn't spend a ton of money on waiver moves, and, likely, you will win the point totals thing...so you won't lose much money...my 6-6-1, one and out playoff season, cost me $215! :w00t:

Edited by Buftex

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.