"YouCut" Republican idea

Peace

This is a politically motivated but GREAT idea.

So far 11 or so cuts have been proposed. Pretty much all are little anti-Dem bombs but the Dems voted them all down, the most recent being cutting NPR funding. (Other programs have been cutting signage spending regarding all the "This was paid for by Stimulus money" signs and cutting federal gov't raises.

http://republicanwhip.house.gov/YouCut/

I wonder if/when the Dems will offer a rival site and propose cutting Republican bull **** programs.

If anyone actually starts cutting some things, this could be awesome.

This program has been ongoing for a while. You hit the nail on the head in that it is relatively politically motivated, but also something of a poison pill for Democrats every time they vote something down. Hundreds of thousands of people vote on these cuts, and then wait to see how they are voted on in Congress. The telling section of this website is the scorecard here. You see how the Democrats voted, and you see how the Republicans voted, and it's nothing short of an embarrassment of riches.

You see how someone like pBills starts a thread about how the GOP failed to get NPR defunded, and floats it as though this was some new thing they decided to try, when in reality, this was the 11th attempt to cut spending through the YouCut idea, all of which were voted down exclusively by the left. The left, of course, misses the fact that this is the 11th Youcut attempt, and is humorously now promoting the YouCut effort without even realizing it. Like I said...an embarrassment of riches.

pBills take on this is red meat for the progressive left, but most of the Americans bothering to pay attention to this stuff really see it for what is; a clear divide down idealogical lines.

Edited by LABillzFan

The issues are dumb but almost inarguable. For example, the Stimulus signs make me mental.

If the Dems wanted to capitalize on the "cut spending" populism, they would launch a Youcut and make it issues that Republicans oppose. (Military cuts, oil pork)

They could play the same game. I wonder if either one would blink first.

The issues are dumb but almost inarguable. For example, the Stimulus signs make me mental.

If the Dems wanted to capitalize on the "cut spending" populism, they would launch a Youcut and make it issues that Republicans oppose. (Military cuts, oil pork)

They could play the same game. I wonder if either one would blink first.

Except for one problem: Democrats, as a whole, have absolutely, positively no ability whatsoever to consider cutting any spending outside the military, and even then the plan isn't to use those savings to pay down the debt, but rather fund more of their moronic stimulus-like projects.

Except for one problem: Democrats, as a whole, have absolutely, positively no ability whatsoever to consider cutting any spending outside the military, and even then the plan isn't to use those savings to pay down the debt, but rather fund more of their moronic stimulus-like projects.

two problems, they won't get the citizen support for their cuts, like Youcut is.