The official the O-Line does not suck anymore thread

1B4IDie

Seems like there is some debate of who's better, Levitre or Wood. According to Buffalo Rumblings, Wood's stats for the year are better then Levitre. But one thing is certain, both Levitre & Wood have the highest marks on the O-line.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/11/16/1816518/bills-vs-lions-notes-from-the-o-line-week-10#storyjump

Buffalo Rumblings usually has an article around Tuesday's that shows the O-line's performance from the last game & for the year.

Seems like there is some debate of who's better, Levitre or Wood. According to Buffalo Rumblings, Wood's stats for the year are better then Levitre. But one thing is certain, both Levitre & Wood have the highest marks on the O-line.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/11/16/1816518/bills-vs-lions-notes-from-the-o-line-week-10#storyjump

Buffalo Rumblings usually has an article around Tuesday's that shows the O-line's performance from the last game & for the year.

Call me old-fashioned, but as far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as offensive line "stats."

They're not there yet.

Fitz's quick reads and throws makes them look better, and Chan has introduced a handful of wrinkles to keep the defense off balance. They don't and can't go toe to toe with opposing defenses just yet.

I agree though that LG, RG, and LT seem to be good enough for a long time to come. Problem is, we need to find a way to get the other 40% of our line ready for the future.

I say two more years before we have a "good" offensive line, all starters good, good depth, and a good mix of homegrown vets, young contributors, and up and comers.

I tend to agree with you, but in all fairness, Hangartner doesn't really get a fair shake. H'e serviceable and seems to have improved considerably since he joined the Bills. We've had far fewer bull rushes up the middle, and while much of that credit should go to Wood and Levitre, he has helped. However, he doesn't seem anywhere near strong enough in the run game to me.

with all honesty, the OP is correct, they are a much improved squad, and many in this thread have pointed out that Gailey's wrinkles, plus the quicker reads make by Fitzpatrick have added to the perception of the line's play, but I think they have a long way to go still.

Simply put - Can this line dominate a defensive front yet? I think most here can agree the answer to that is no, and that's not considering the top tier teams.

I will say I see this group only getting better with time, and possibly another well drafted player for the right side of the line. I don't think the teams needs to spend a high draft pick on an LT or RT right now though, I think DE and OLB should be the focus right now.

I think you're right. They need defense way more than offense now and there is no need to spend a high pick on a OL when we could target a passrusher or QB. I might be in the minority here, but I think they need tackle depth (and a starting RT) before any interior depth. Wrotto/Howard/Ubrik looked good enough at G to think we're ok for a game or two if one of the starters get injured. Since we haven't seen Wang, it's hard to say what we have in him, but he's basically it on the outside as far as depth. Maybe I'd feel better with Wrotto and Howard fighting it out for the last spot on the line instead fo the starting RT spot.