2 Notes and 2 Questions

We've deferred the last several games. And we're really getting off to slow starts the last 2 games in the first half. Is it possible we're just getting some reads on their defense and our offensive attack kicks in gear in the second half? Sounds silly but really, our second half offense has been so much better. Yesterday's first half was really bad, prior to the final 2 minutes. And by the way - I have no issue with deferring, and it's better that way if Chan knows our Offense is a slow starting group.

About Fitzy. I've noticed his bad throws come near the end of the game. He threw 50 something balls yesterday. He was really accurate the first 3 quarters. Again, I pose another question; is it possible he is throwing his arm out by the end of the game, hence the inaccurate balls? Ya know, when ya lose your strength ya lose your accuracy. Just seems odd that he can be so accurate early in the game and then so off really late in the game. That indicates that he's either choking in critical spots (although I've seen the contrary in other games, last week's come back drive) or he doesn't have the arm strength late in the game to make the tight throw necessary (that pass to Stevie Johnson yesterday in the 4th quarter that was picked off). Too bad our running game wasn't more effective. Fitzy isn't good enough to be throwing 50 balls a game.

We've deferred the last several games. And we're really getting off to slow starts the last 2 games in the first half. Is it possible we're just getting some reads on their defense and our offensive attack kicks in gear in the second half? Sounds silly but really, our second half offense has been so much better. Yesterday's first half was really bad, prior to the final 2 minutes. And by the way - I have no issue with deferring, and it's better that way if Chan knows our Offense is a slow starting group.

About Fitzy. I've noticed his bad throws come near the end of the game. He threw 50 something balls yesterday. He was really accurate the first 3 quarters. Again, I pose another question; is it possible he is throwing his arm out by the end of the game, hence the inaccurate balls? Ya know, when ya lose your strength ya lose your accuracy. Just seems odd that he can be so accurate early in the game and then so off really late in the game. That indicates that he's either choking in critical spots (although I've seen the contrary in other games, last week's come back drive) or he doesn't have the arm strength late in the game to make the tight throw necessary (that pass to Stevie Johnson yesterday in the 4th quarter that was picked off). Too bad our running game wasn't more effective. Fitzy isn't good enough to be throwing 50 balls a game.

He is trying to come from behind in desperation at the end of the game and is forcing throws that even he would normally not try.

It looks to me like his arm is getting tired at the end of games. In yesterday's game he was really slinging the ball around in the first three quarters. This isn't the first time he's made some VERY poor fourth quarter throws. Sure, there are probably some other factors that affect his fourth quarter throws, but his arm strength/endurance does seem to be a problem at the end of games.

Edited by Tommy

It looks to me like his arm is getting tired at the end of games. In yesterday's game he was really slinging the ball around in the first three quarters. This isn't the first time he's made some VERY poor fourth quarter throws. Sure, there are probably some other factors that affect his fourth quarter throws, but his arm strength/endurance does seem to be a problem at the end of games.

If that's the case, isn't that correctable? I'm not trying to make a case for him being THE GUY but this is his first full-time stint as the starter (last year he got a decent amount of games but this year will be the most games he has started consecutively)

He is trying to come from behind in desperation at the end of the game and is forcing throws that even he would normally not try.

I agree , the last interception is all desperation, he has to throw something downfield quickly and hope for the best. Heck peyton did the same thing at the end of his game yesterday . That said it does seem to take him a little while to get a rythm going.

Possible explanations of Fitz's fourth quarter performances:

- He's running out of energy.

- He's receiving more pressure.

- He's playing from behind, so forcing more throws.

- He's not that clutch.

It's probably a combination of all of the above, to be honest.