Terrence McGee = soft

Estro

Yes, I admit I have no clue the extent of McGee's injury. I have no idea of how much pain he is in. With that said, it's my belief that McGee is soft. He's gotten nicked up a lot the past few seasons and he clearly can not play through or with pain. He's now practiced back to back weeks, last week limited and this week fully, and once again he won't be suiting up today. Missing McGee is a huge problem as it drives Florences playtime way up and he is terrible. When talking to the media on Wednesday you could tell McGee was bracing reporters on the fact that he probably won't play this week, without actually saying it. I said it when it was first reported that McGee got hurt and I'll say it again......it would not surprise me to see the team put him on IR.

I know our secondary has been seen as a stength recently, but it's clear that it's becoming a weakness. McKelvin is okay, but not what you would have wanted out of a high 1st round pick. Brandon Flowers, who i liked more coming out, is becoming a shutdown corner in KC, and McKelvin is average at best. Florence is bad, really bad, IMO. McGee, can't stay healthy and is aging. Whitner is okay in run support and very below average in pass coverage. I'm not liking our situation at CB at all moving forward.

Edited by Estro

Yes, I admit I have no clue the extent of McGee's injury. I have no idea of how much pain he is in. With that said, it's my belief that McGee is soft. He's gotten nicked up a lot the past few seasons and he clearly can not play through or with pain. He's now practiced back to back weeks, last week limited and this week fully, and once again he won't be suiting up today. Missing McGee is a huge problem as it drives Florences playtime way up and he is terrible. When talking to the media on Wednesday you could tell McGee was bracing reporters on the fact that he probably won't play this week, without actually saying it. I said it when it was first reported that McGee got hurt and I'll say it again......it would not surprise me to see the team put him on IR.

I know our secondary has been seen as a stength recently, but it's clear that it's becoming a weakness. McKelvin is okay, but not what you would have wanted out of a high 1st round pick. Brandon Flowers, who i liked more coming out, is becoming a shutdown corner in KC, and McKelvin is average at best. Florence is bad, really bad, IMO. McGee, can't stay healthy and is aging. Whitner is okay in run support and very below average in pass coverage. I'm not liking our situation at CB at all moving forward.

I think it's a bit unfair to say that our secondary has become a weakness on this team. While our safety play has left much to be desired, our corner play has not been all that bad. I think the "subpar" performance by our secondary is more of a reflection of how bad our run defense is. The corners and safeties are relied upon more in run support, and thus they are more apt to get burned in coverage.

I do agree, however, that McGee is soft. He always seems to be limping around with nagging injuries. I think we have enough depth in our secondary that we could trade him in the offseason. He has built up enough of a reputation around the league to be worth something on the market. If we bundled McGee and maybe our fourth round pick from Seattle, perhaps we could get a late-second or an early third round pick for him. IMO...we have enough depth at CB that we wouldn't miss him much. Also, with the addition of Spiller, we don't use him on special teams anymore.

I'm for an all-out roster purge. Get as much compensation as we possibly can, and then dump the rest of the dead weight....starting with Kelsay, McCargo, and Maybin.