Throwbacks

Admittedly, I don't see a lot of Bills games where I live but do they ever wear the Jim Kelly era uniforms as "throwbacks"? Not throwback-y enough? Well...seems like shortly after the uniform change so did the fortune of the Bills. Just saying... I love the charging, or standing old school buffalo helmet logo but there was something simply classic about those red, white/silver, and (deeper) blue uni's. Gotta change the theme to force people to buy "new" stuff but I love seeing people walk around with their faded Kelly/Reed/Thomas/Smith/Tasker and even Moulds (yes he is one of the last "old school" uni guys) jerseys.

Edited by 217014170

Bills were non-playoff contenders at least 5 years before the throwbacks were unveiled.

the gist of the thread is about how good the throwbacks would look in comparison to the sh-tty uni's being worn now. who cares about irrelevant details concerning exactly when they were worn. this board is tiresome with all the fact-checkers and grammar police permeating it.

Bills were non-playoff contenders at least 5 years before the throwbacks were unveiled.

Bills uniforms I am referring to were in place from 1987-2001. Changed by Tom Donahoe, <insert comment here>, in 2002. Last playoff appearance 1999. NOT 5 years...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bills

And the question was , do they ever wear those uniforms as throwbacks?

Bills uniforms I am referring to were in place from 1987-2001. Changed by Tom Donahoe, <insert comment here>, in 2002. Last playoff appearance 1999. NOT 5 years...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bills

And the question was , do they ever wear those uniforms as throwbacks?

to answer your question, no, the throwbacks that they wear from the sixties, are the only one's.

Edited by dwight in philly

I think the only throwbacks the Bills should wear are the 1964-65 throwbacks.

The standing Buffalo is way better than the charging one.

The best uni was the away throwback they wore last year at New England.

I would prefer that they just go permanent with the throwbacks and have done with it.

I would prefer that they just go permanent with the throwbacks and have done with it.

i know this topic is discussed quite often on here and i am in total agreement regarding the uni's from 64-65. you wonder what the heck are they thinking at OBD!. right now, i cringe as much looking at the uni's as i do the team.

Admittedly, I don't see a lot of Bills games where I live but do they ever wear the Jim Kelly era uniforms as "throwbacks"? Not throwback-y enough? Well...seems like shortly after the uniform change so did the fortune of the Bills. Just saying... I love the charging, or standing old school buffalo helmet logo but there was something simply classic about those red, white/silver, and (deeper) blue uni's. Gotta change the theme to force people to buy "new" stuff but I love seeing people walk around with their faded Kelly/Reed/Thomas/Smith/Tasker and even Moulds (yes he is one of the last "old school" uni guys) jerseys.

The uniform change has not worked well for Buffalo, but I remember a big deal being made about the Broncos winning back to back titles right after they changed theirs, and how the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won one soon after their change. A little off subject, but thanks for reading. GO BILLS!!!

Edit-I forgot to include the Patriots*, who drafted Drew Bledsoe the year they changed theirs, and since then have gone on to 3 titles and 5 Super Bowl appearances.

Edited by machinegun12

I don't disagree. The 64-65 throwbacks are mint. But, for guys my age (41), those 87-01 uni's bring back a lot of great memories. And, let's face it, we are the demographic that the Bills should be marketing to. I am sure it was done by Russ Brandon and Tom Donahoe to turn the page and I am not saying that was a bad thing but enough time has passed to bring them back at least once a year.

Anyway, it really would be cool to keep it quiet an then see the guys running out of the tunnel against Miami in the Kelly-era stuff. It would definitely get the crowd stirred up. Not sure if there are any guys from that era not on the wall of fame at this point but that would also be a good game to throw them on.

And, sorry if this topic is talked about a lot but my single digit posts and "Probation" (whatever that means) status shows I am new here...at least posting. ;-)

Edited by 217014170

I don't disagree. The 64-65 throwbacks are mint. But, for guys my age (41), those 87-01 uni's bring back a lot of great memories. And, let's face it, we are the demographic that the Bills should be marketing to. I am sure it was done by Russ Brandon and Tom Donahoe to turn the page and I am not saying that was a bad thing but enough time has passed to bring them back at least once a year.

Anyway, it really would be cool to keep it quiet an then see the guys running out of the tunnel against Miami in the Kelly-era stuff. It would definitely get the crowd stirred up. Not sure if there are any guys from that era not on the wall of fame at this point but that would also be a good game to throw them on.

And, sorry if this topic is talked about a lot but my single digit posts and "Probation" (whatever that means) status shows I am new here...at least posting. ;-)

i agree with all your thoughts. im 58, and i would obviously prefer ANYTHING, but the current ones. the fact this subject is talked about often on here means a great deal of people think about it, care about it. if it wasnt a topic, it would mean we were satisfied. i envy the packers, the bears, the browns, all classic uni's. both of the NYC teams wisely went back to their originals, just wish we would.

the gist of the thread is about how good the throwbacks would look in comparison to the sh-tty uni's being worn now. who cares about irrelevant details concerning exactly when they were worn. this board is tiresome with all the fact-checkers and grammar police permeating it.

Thank you officer, but no, your reference to 'throwbacks' is misleading. I mis-interpreted the OP with the throwback reference-thus the 5years of losing that pre-dated the THROWBACKS reply. The throwbacks are the 60's era style we wear twice a year.

P.S. In this country, writing in this language, capital letters are used to start sentences. Anything else is irrelevant show.

Thank you officer, but no, your reference to 'throwbacks' is misleading. I mis-interpreted the OP with the throwback reference-thus the 5years of losing that pre-dated the THROWBACKS reply. The throwbacks are the 60's era style we wear twice a year.

P.S. In this country, writing in this language, capital letters are used to start sentences. Anything else is irrelevant show.

thanks for making my case!. good thing the board has "guys like you" on it!, language acumen, punctuality, far outweighs content !. get a life pal! save the pomposity. take it elsewhere. p s.. i did not start the thread, re-read who did, i just commented on the "alleged" import you seemed to place on a historical reference that you found to be a tad inaccurate.

As the "OP", I think it was pretty clear what I meant about defining the Kelly era uni's as "throwback". I even went so far as to place a surprisingly helpful link to wikipedia.

But, no matter...simple misunderstanding...forgive/forget/move on.

As the "OP", I think it was pretty clear what I meant about defining the Kelly era uni's as "throwback". I even went so far as to place a surprisingly helpful link to wikipedia.

But, no matter...simple misunderstanding...forgive/forget/move on.

i think everyone knew what you meant, but fair warning, there are some on here that just wait to correct spelling errors, improper thread headings, stupid sh-t. just beware.

I've always hoped they'd just return to the 87-01 unis for good, and still rotate the 64-65 throwbacks in for 2 games a year.

Amen...who knows, there may be some copyright stuff preventing bringing them back for a period of time. The NFL did change the apparel contract at about the same time. Some teams decided to make drastic changes, like the Bills, Bucs, and Broncos and others were very subtle.

i think everyone knew what you meant, but fair warning, there are some on here that just wait to correct spelling errors, improper thread headings, stupid sh-t. just beware.

Thanks again, Dwight...I have seen the abuse by some while lurking in the weeds. I have seen belittling of some former players...active, positive, helpful posters voluntarily leaving...snarky comments. It boils down to basic respect that some people should have learned a long time ago and most do.

I have also heard/seen a lot of people saying "you never know who is on these boards", they are right. ;-)

Thank you for showing me the respect I know I deserve and I will be sure to return it.

Amen...who knows, there may be some copyright stuff preventing bringing them back for a period of time. The NFL did change the apparel contract at about the same time. Some teams decided to make drastic changes, like the Bills, Bucs, and Broncos and others were very subtle.

Thanks again, Dwight...I have seen the abuse by some while lurking in the weeds. I have seen belittling of some former players...active, positive, helpful posters voluntarily leaving...snarky comments. It boils down to basic respect that some people should have learned a long time ago and most do.

I have also heard/seen a lot of people saying "you never know who is on these boards", they are right. ;-)

Thank you for showing me the respect I know I deserve and I will be sure to return it.

no problem! you would think that people like tim graham, john wawrow(noted reporters)getting p-d off and leaving would stem the tide of the "grammar and content" police, the sarcastic jackasses that are on here, but it seems not to affect them. i do think the board serves a very useful purpose for all of us that have left the area and are dedicated bills fans.

no problem! you would think that people like tim graham, john wawrow(noted reporters)getting p-d off and leaving would stem the tide of the "grammar and content" police, the sarcastic jackasses that are on here, but it seems not to affect them. i do think the board serves a very useful purpose for all of us that have left the area and are dedicated bills fans.

Perfect example of a sarcastic jackass. Too bad for the board you're too witless to take your own advice and leave.