Is Shawn Merriman to good for Buffalo?

Maybe its just me but so far all I have heard from Shawne Merrimen is that he will report.

Sorry, but I need more then this to warm up to a player. The Silence is an indicator of discontent and no fan deserves the cold shoulder from a player.

Is Shawn Merrieman to good for Buffalo?

Merriman is damaged goods, waived for a reason and we the fans of Buffalo shouldn't feel lucky for claiming a player that some other team dumped.

IF Shawn Merriman is Lucky,he will play well and the Bills may want to keep him! If he has a Richey Incognito attitude then let him go!

If you have any comments by Merriman that I somehow missed place them below!

Edited by Another Point of View

Maybe its just me but so far all I have heard from Shawne Merrimen is that he will report.

Sorry, but I need more then this to warm up to a player. The Silence is an indicator of discontent and no fan deserves the cold shoulder from a player

Merriman is damaged goods, waived for a reason and we the fans of Buffalo shouldn't feel lucky for claiming a player that some other team dumped.

IF Shawn Merriman is Lucky,he will play well and the Bills may want to keep him! If he has a Richey Incognito attitude then let him go!

Well you could look at the fact he is reporting no matter how much he may want to or not. The guy's obviously still interested in playing football. Will he stick around for another season next year? Hard to tell at this point. If I were a betting man which I am not the odds are pretty good he won't be back as a Bill next year. Depends on the contract and the amount of year or years that he inks a deal for. I don't see him getting the big bucks. Considering his past injuries and such worst case scenario he makes the league minimum or a little higher.It's too early to tell right now if his silence is an indicator of his discontent or not. As an athlete giving the cold shoulder...I've always come to the conclusion that most pro athletes have a bit of an ego anyway. Who knows how or if even Shawne will fit into the Bills system in the respect of being a team player or a locker room disruptor.

I am warning you guys now that this is a sore subject with me and nothing aggravates me more.

Tired of players that pick their preferred team through free agency or the waiver wire~

I agree with a player picking a team via free agency, but on waivers, it's the team that picks you up, not the player who picks the team. If Shawn wants to play this year again, then it will have to be the Bills. I don't think he will do any worse than what we have now so I don't mind. I feel it's funny a player like Moss isn't getting his choice either, but hopefully next year there will be a lockout and some of these players will be retired.

Sorry, but I need more then this to warm up to a player. The Silence is an indicator of discontent and no fan deserves the cold shoulder from a player.

Who knows if he's too good for Buffalo. Generally people with a chance or two left to impress won't feel like they're too good for anything. If this is indeed the route he takes, then you're right.

Why if he's lucky? Maybe if he's healthy. Where is the comparison between Richie Incognito and Merriman coming from?

Edited by stony

I am warning you guys now that this is a sore subject with me and nothing aggravates me more.

Tired of players that pick their preferred team through free agency or the waiver wire~

FA is an earned right. Why would it aggravate you when a play chooses to go to a specific team? Waiver wire transaction and FA are two different things.

I agree with a player picking a team via free agency, but on waivers, it's the team that picks you up, not the player who picks the team. If Shawn wants to play this year again, then it will have to be the Bills. I don't think he will do any worse than what we have now so I don't mind. I feel it's funny a player like Moss isn't getting his choice either, but hopefully next year there will be a lockout and some of these players will be retired.

In free agency a team with a lower record should have the right to match any offer by a higher rated team.

My opinion

In free agency a team with a lower record should have the right to match any offer by a higher rated team.

My opinion

That'll work....allow a bunch of bad teams to potentially overpay for good payers who in turn become disgruntled players who don't want to be there...your thoughts on changing contractual hold-outs as well while were at it? <_<

That'll work....allow a bunch of bad teams to potentially overpay for good payers who in turn become disgruntled players who don't want to be there...your thoughts on changing contractual hold-outs as well while were at it? dry.gif

A team would have the right to match, too bad if you don't like your team.....retire!

Edited by The Wang From Sang

That'll work....allow a bunch of bad teams to potentially overpay for good payers who in turn become disgruntled players who don't want to be there...your thoughts on changing contractual hold-outs as well while were at it? <_<

WFS, this is not even worth a comment!

FA is an earned right. Why would it aggravate you when a play chooses to go to a specific team? Waiver wire transaction and FA are two different things.

Free Agency creates an unbalanced NFL. :flirt:

If the Bills didn't put in a claim, the other 2 interested teams were Miami and Tampa.

In his shoes I would be disappointed to be going to Buffalo as well.

He doesn't have to be happy about it, but as you said he has all the incentive in the world to play well the rest of the season. I wouldn't count on him being in Buffalo next season though unless no other team makes him an offer.

It's funny to me that you seem to have hit all the spelling possiblities EXCEPT the right one:

Shawne Merriman

:D

Edited by gringo starr

Yes, but he is here to provide "Another Point of View". He might have a different account with a name like "What I Really Think", or even "Mathews' Bag".

I believe we will get more information today when he arrives in Buffalo and that is fine.

I find it crazy nobody from the media has spoken with him yet.