Disappearing Car Doors!

Steely Dan

How? Easy to put a safety sensor on it, just like a garage door. Anyway... How will they get hands to the pillar/roof when it is closing?

I guess I was thinking more about when it closes on the frame, not the top. I could see little kids fingers get in there for sure. Not that they don't get slammed in car doors now, but it seems it would be pretty hard to put a sensor that would stop little fingers on the sides?

I guess I was thinking more about when it closes on the frame, not the top. I could see little kids fingers get in there for sure. Not that they don't get slammed in car doors now, but it seems it would be pretty hard to put a sensor that would stop little fingers on the sides?

I thought about that too... They would have to have "plastic man" hands to reach the rocker panel... Yet... Some car designs are different... BUT most children should be in a car seat, then booster to 8 years old and 100 pounds. And the smallest of the small should be sitting rear/middle. I do see what you are saying. It isn't like they can't get their fingers slammed in the door conventionally speaking.