Buffalo fans should be happy today

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I compare the Bills at this juncture to the Chiefs last season, maybe better.

I think that's a good point. Haley even talked about how they switched to the 3-4 last year, even though they had mainly 3-4 players, and took their lumps.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article234686.ece

Kansas City was 31st in the NFL in rushing yards allowed and tied with the Bills for the second-highest per-carry average given up. But with most of the same defensive personnel back, the Chiefs own the NFL's sixth-ranked run defense and are yielding just 3.7 yards per rush attempt (eight-best in the league). They're also seventh in average points allowed per game and fifth in scoring differential.

Second-year head coach Todd Haley was criticized for the defensive switch because the roster was built for the 4-3. But it came down to doing what he felt was best and then sticking with it.

"As I grew up through this league as an offensive coach, I always in my mind thought preparing for a 3-4 was a little more difficult," he told the Buffalo media during a conference call this week. "The more I talked to people and learned about this game and learned about defense, the more sure I was of how I wanted to play defense if I ever got an opportunity like I have here."

All I am looking for at this point is improvement from week to week < I understand at points in the game they will look better than other points but Gailey's offense seems to be taking the correct steps and the defense sucks but they did keep Kansas City's score down and had a couple big stops..So to me I just want to watch an exciting game and see improvements which at this point I have done..A win would be icing on the cake, but we played some tough teams and hung in there...I like the look of the Bills, they look better than the previous years even though the wins have not come yet, but I still Believe Gailey and Nix were the right choice for a rebuild team...There is no question we need a QB, atleast to sit behind Fitz for a year and learn....Weather thats in round 1 or 2 I don't know but then again we need the top 11 picks in the first round to improve the defense..!

This is why I hate people these days - all anyone is concerned about is quantity. I'm not making any argument that this is a "good" team, but to say that they haven't improved or progressed simply shows me that you're not paying attention.

Agreed...as long as they are not being characterized as "hapless" I'm good with the progress...those mid 80's teams were hapless.

They look much better...MUCH BETTER...the last two weeks. They are actually kind of fun to watch. On the other hand we are still winless. Trading down to fill out the defense with a mid range first and at least two second round picks (Offensive tackle, linebackers and a defensive stud) would probably be the quickest way to becoming competitive. I'm still big on Ponder with our first second round choice, although if Fitz keeps improving that may be reconsidered.

I'm warming up to using the first pick on a new QB; I could see during this game how better quarterbacking could have won it. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll get a great QB if they trade down during the first round.

Forget the lose.........a win wasn't going to accomplish anything for the Bills this year!

Buffalo nearly beat 2 playoff teams and both games went to overtime. At Mid season the Bills can play with the best!

The Offensive line is much improved,we have two solid Wide Receivers and Running backs and a much better QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick. We will most likely draft number 1-3 in the 2011 draft and help is on the way! All we really need is a few LB's and improve the pass rush

Say what you want but the Bills ARE A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM NOW!!

Yes you should be happy, the team is finally heading in the right direction! THIS IS NOT A 3 YEAR REBUILDING PROJECT and I am happy with the progress :flirt:

I think I agree. It's beginning to feel like rock bottom was the Trent games this year. I wouldn't go so far as to say we have a "good" football team on our hands (a good team would have pulled off the win yesterday. More importantly yesterday's effort showed we have a good stopgap in Fitz. Instead of drafting some kid and immediately throwing him to the wolves, we have a QB who can teach Luck--or whoever--how to think through a pro football game. If the D gets shored up Fitz can lead us to the playoffs. probably not deep in the playoffs--but help create a real team. Games like yesterday's show me we will not have to pin all our hopes on some 22 year old rookie QB, we can be more reasonable in the rebuilding

Forget the lose.........a win wasn't going to accomplish anything for the Bills this year!

Buffalo nearly beat 2 playoff teams and both games went to overtime. At Mid season the Bills can play with the best!

The Offensive line is much improved,we have two solid Wide Receivers and Running backs and a much better QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick. We will most likely draft number 1-3 in the 2011 draft and help is on the way! All we really need is a few LB's and improve the pass rush

Yes you should be happy, the team is finally heading in the right direction! THIS IS NOT A 3 YEAR REBUILDING PROJECT and I am happy with the progress :flirt:

It's a neverending rebuilding/reloading/recycling process. Sure, we are a good team now. Forget what the record means. We're good, really good, no really we are good now, really... I just hope nothing happens to make us begin to look bad!

If we can't make the playoffs, a top pick is the next best thing, though I think we will start winning more soon.

PTR

This year? if so, what game(s) do US winning?

Who said it would be a 3 year rebuilding project? I for one see the Bills being a contender in 3 years. Maybe even break away with a wildcard next year. I'm not at all happy with what I see, but am feeling better about the future. Chan is the Man and will bring a name back to Buffalo. Happy though? No way. How can one be happy with no wins? How can that be satisfying? In what form is the term happy to be with a team that has not won? I understand they are better. But not to be happy about it.

Sorry guys...this kind of thinking is as pathetic as our team is this year. Have you forgotten Vince Lombardi's famous quote? We can't even win a game when it's handed to us. We are the butt of jokes...even O'Reilly was mocking us the other day. And don't give me the draft argument please. We've already proven we're clueless on draft day.

I guess when all else fails, lower your standards! Some sort of weird survival technique.

Oh no we are so bad and will never get better and we cant draft, woah is me we are doomed forever and ever.

Go watch some other sport then. I don't understand what you get out being a fan with that attitude. :thumbdown: