Kelsay and George Edwards exposed

ACor58

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To bad he can't do that either then. As an aside anyone see Cassell juke Kelsay today? Pathetic.

It reminded me of Chad Pennington juking Eddie Robinson out of his cleats.

Edited by ACor58

Whenever I allow myself to get optimisitic about the direction Nix/Gailey is taking this team, I am reminded of the move to extend Kelsay and reality sets back in.

Or the move to start Edwards the first two games. (I really thnk that was ownerships call)

I made it a point to focus on Kelsay a fair amount yesterday. Every time I focused on him for a run play, Kelsay was easily pushed around to wherever the D wanted him. On inside runs and off tackle runs, Kelsay was sent way outside. On outside runs, Kelsay was jammed inside, easily letting the RB turn the corner. I think the whole "he's solid against the run" thing was a myth that originated because it's hard to tell how 1 guy is against the run unless you specifically watch that guy on run plays. Everyone knows he's not a great pass rusher, because we would notice if he was getting to the QB with any regularity. But he could theoretically do a good job against the run and be pretty invisible. As it turns out, he's probably our worst run defender (he was yesterday, anyway), whether at DE or OLB.

I like the fact that Moats is getting a good amount of playing time now. But Kelsay continuing to play every down (or at all, actually) is just nuts. If the coaching staff truly feels that Maybin is useless and won't get better, then play Antonio Coleman instead. But at least one of those guys needs to be playing Moats' current role. Moats should be playing Kelsay's current role.

I turned on the game literally right as Kelsay made his uber-awesome spin move to the inside (breaking outside containment) allowing Charles to break it to the outside for 10+ yards. "F***ing Kelsay" is all I had to say.

ahahah.. he spun inside.. and got in the way of our 3 guys pursuing. hilarious.