Reality check about yesterdays game...

Alphadawg7

I don't think its just a Bills thing. In general it seems like bad teams get the worst calls (or who are perceived to be the inferior team). But then again, they are bad teams because maybe they just screw up more. It's not like the NBA where its obvious the home team and star players get better treatment. Its very subtle in the NFL and not really done on purpose, imo.

Also, consider that bad teams are bad because they consistently put themselves in position to lose and are often making the big mistakes that lead to losses.

Ergo, a good team would usually contain good players, who would tend not to get stripped in overtime.

Also, consider that bad teams are bad because they consistently put themselves in position to lose and are often making the big mistakes that lead to losses.

Ergo, a good team would usually contain good players, who would tend not to get stripped in overtime.

People make is sound like Nelson was palming the ball out in front of his face....he had the ball wrapped up pretty good. But when your feet aren't on the ground and Lewis is allowed to dig in and get leverage I don't think anyone holds that ball.

People make is sound like Nelson was palming the ball out in front of his face....he had the ball wrapped up pretty good. But when your feet aren't on the ground and Lewis is allowed to dig in and get leverage I don't think anyone holds that ball.

Not with one hand, no.

I know everyone wants to blame the refs, but the 2 calls everyone is in uproar about that we got screwed on were not mistakes by the refs at all. I went back and watched the plays again, and the refs actually got them right.

REFS ARE NOT WHY WE LOST:

I have already stated in other threads that the refs got the call right on the INT in relation to the rules regarding instant replay and the need for indisputable evidence to over turn a call on the field. Since the call was out of bounds on the field and cant see if the whole elbow is in bounds or not as there is only a front shot and its right on the line, then the refs were right to not over turn it.

Initially I was still upset about forward progress not being called on the Nelson fumble. However, after watching the play again I realized I was wrong and the refs made the right call of letting the play continue. This was entirely because I kept rewatching the play from the head on perspective. The truth is, when you watch from the side line view his forward progress actually wasnt stopped as he was continually moving forward including get a big push from the back by fellow teammates fighting for more yards. By definition his forward progress was not stopped and refs were correct not blowing the whistle.

REAL REASON WE LOST:

1. Turnovers: Spillers fumble and the 2 Bad INTS by Fitz killed us to start the 2nd half that gave Baltimore control of the game. Then with a chance to win the game Nelson fumbles. This is the #1 reason why we lost because we gave them free points on all 3 turnovers. You wont win close games against better teams if you turn the ball over to them with great field position 4 times.

2. Defense: The defense had a solid start to this game, but once the turnovers started happening this D just broke down. Its not a very good D and the best way to hide it is to keep it off the field. With the D being a liability, we cant be turning the ball over 4 timesEdwards I would say is sitting in a very hot seat at this point, but I dont expect him to be fired during the season.

Sure the officials missed 2 PI plays, but thats football and I am sure we got away with plays too like holding and PI as every team does just about every single game. The 2 plays in question just happened to be in the view of the camera for us all to see and complain about. Truth is, we got some breaks by the refs in terms of spots and stuff in this game just like Balt got some breaks.

Bottom line is that WE BEAT OURSELVES...the refs did not beat us, the Ravens didnt beat us, WE beat ourselves. Still, it was quite an encouraging outing, espeically seeing the passing game continue to build life. Lots of positives to take from this game as well as stuff we need to work on. We won't win a game if we keep turning the ball over 4 times to better teams given the weakness of our defense.

Reality check is we had no chance in the game and we almost won........nothing esle means anything

I know everyone wants to blame the refs, but the 2 calls everyone is in uproar about that we got screwed on were not mistakes by the refs at all. I went back and watched the plays again, and the refs actually got them right.

I think you should be banned. :flirt:

He made a mistake and didn't secure the ball. Players in that same situation do not fumble 100% of the time. Players are held up while the second and third man in go for the strip. He got caught and it was unfortunate. In the moment I'm sure he didn't see it coming.

But yeah, just because it was Ray Lewis doesn't mean you can't secure the ball.

After reading the many NFL officiating conspiracy theory's here since the Bills game, I wonder what happens when a bad team plays a bad team, or a good team a good team. With no personal or secret league mandated bias to one or the other, do they call a perfect game? Or, given two teams with identical records, do they favor the one with the biggest market share?

If the Bills keep playing like they did on Sunday they will not be picking in the top five this season. Congrats to them them were fun to watch just got a couple of bad breaks. They outplayed an elite team.

Bottom line , if we had an NFL quality defense we would've won. Our offense crushed the "vaunted" Ravens D.

Where was offensive pass interference on Boldin on the Corner int?

You mean where was the DEFENSIVE PI on that play as Corner armed checked him with both arms to get position to even make the INT. How do you think Bolding locked arms with him in the first place? Corner was the one who initiated the contact to keep position on Boldin...so if you want to be honest here, the PI should have been called on Corner before it was called on Boldin. But Bills fans want to always believe we got screwed and ignore the illegal contact by Corner that allowed him better position for the INT.