Buffalo vs San Fran

mary owen

Arguably one of the best games I ever watched over the years. This is a great summary video.

3 things I loved most about this game:

1. Thurman was the ultimate offensive weapon in his prime

2. Kelly knew how to use a TE. Pete was not known as a huge receiving threat in college, although he was well rounded. But look at how awesome a smart QB like Kelly can make a TE with basically no speed look.

3. Marv's call to go for it on 4th and 4.

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgw6wTONA4Y

I was there as well!

'The Dean'- in all his magnanimity - was able to commandeer the entire private box of KRON-TV for his own personal use that that day, and I was fortunate enough to be one of his guests. What an exciting game to watch, when every time a team gets the ball they either score or the other team takes it away! It was well into Q3 - if I recall - before I realized, 'Hey, no one's punted the entire game!' Man, those were the days...

(And, thank God, the Bills won! )

Best 10 minutes I'll spend all day. I recall watching the game, and knew that the Bills won. I had forgotted about the last minute FG attempt to tie . . .

Maybe I'm just being a Bills fan, but doesn't Enberg seem like he's totally ball-washing for the Niners? Wide open, Lofton holds on despite a jarring hit (where Lofton pops up and the DB stays on the ground), that's awfully close to a fumble. . . . etc.

Seemed like a lot of cheerleading for the niners in that clip.