Why no play for Parcells?

oregonbbfan

Garbage. If you count taking a 1-15 team to 11-5 and stabilizing the franchise as diminishing, go ahead. People around here settle for mediocrity or worse and then say a proven talent evaluator with a track record of success shows diminishing returns.

You want to talk about "diminishing returns" when the team has fallen from once proud to complete afterthought and irrelevant? Give me a freaking break. I'd settle for Parcells' diminishing returns in a heartbeat. What's the worst he's going to do, call Littman a bean counter?

:thumbsup:

I call it "dimishing expectations" for Bills fans.

Parcells would gut the front office, coaches and players and in 2 years we would be winners. The third year he woul dleave in a hissy fit.

And that's what cannot happen in Buffalo. Some fans forget that Parcells fired the entire front office and coaching staff, costing Wayne Huizenga more than 20M. I doubt RW would take a hit of even half that, and so we're left with hiring also-rans and never will-be's. Furthermore, I don't get the feeling that Overdorf, Modrak, and anyone who's been part and parcel of the team's failures could ever be fired. Unless of course it's someone fans are aware is terrible, like John Guy.

Parcells is like an executive version of Saban, and that's not all bad. He wasn't hired in MIA to hang around, he's got a sort of wanderers mindset. And no matter what he's one of the most respected football minds in the past 20 years.

Edited by BillsVet

Yeah, the Bills should bring in a guy that won a couple Superbowls the last one being 20 years ago, who builds teams to 8-8 then quits on them. Thats who I want running the organization.

No, they should continue to bring in mediocre coaches, inexperienced geriatric GM's, and crummy football players....it has to work sometime, right? Right? Am I right?

As I've mentioned a few times on here, I'm in the process of doing a huge evaluation that includes looking at the past 10 years of drafting for the bills, pats, jets, phins, chargers and colts. in addition to proving a few points about Donahoe having a decent draft (2001 good, along with many, many bad ones) and Marv/Brandon/DJ totally effing us over, one point is to show that Parcells franchises are horrible at drafting with him as the "czar." I need to e v a l the cowboys too, but his record this far with the Phins has been absolutely horrible other than Jake Long. what hasn't been, though, is his ability to bring in a lot of FA which is not a long term answers ( see the current cowboys mess, its not Wade or Romo, but the lack of quality players throughout that organizationed, coupled with a tough division).

Parcells is good at NFL talent evaluations but is not good a drafting. He is a heck of a coach (though he gets a lot of cred for 2 super bowls in the 80s and none with the teams following that..)

I'll continue to maintain that the Polian GM tree is the best in the business, along with the Pittsburgh organization. Pioli is also up there, as the Pats drafts have significantly declined after his departure. Nix, though old, was probably one of the best candidates out there to be honest. Whaley also isn't a bad pick either.