Giants Defense

TheBows

The giants d has been consistently good the past few years, however the achillies heel of their defense has been their secondary which has been better. The only place they had to go was up. Their pass rush has improved to the level it should be at. Kenny Phillips is healthy, Antrel Rolle was a solid addition. It's not just Perry Fewell, but let's not kid ourselves, Fewell is a hell of a lot better defensive coordinator than George Edwards. We lost out on this one.

The question I'd like an answer to, is how in the world are the Chargers first in total offence and defense and have the record they have? You would think their record would be one of the best in the league.

Edited by Big Curt

The question I'd like an answer to, is how is the world are the Chargers first in total offence and defense and have the record they have? You would think their record would be one of the best in the league.

Their st's has directly cost them 3 of the 4 games they lost Against Kc/Seattle and Oakland

Their st's has directly cost them 3 of the 4 games they lost Against Kc/Seattle and Oakland

I guess you're making a valid point. If I was a fan or a player for the Chargers, I'd be very upset. I don't ever think I saw a team with a record as bad as the Chargers who's 1st on offense and defense ball and not have one of the best records. This has got to be an NFL first.

Edited by Big Curt

After reading the bit on Buffalo moving back to the 4 - 3 because we don't have the players, I took a look at defensive rankings. Giants are 2nd total defense, 2nd pass, 7th rush. Good thing we got rid of that Perry Fewell guy:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

i wonder if having osi umenyiora, mathias kiwanuka, justin tuck, kenny phillips, and antrel rolle have anything to do with that lofty defensive ranking.

After reading the bit on Buffalo moving back to the 4 - 3 because we don't have the players, I took a look at defensive rankings. Giants are 2nd total defense, 2nd pass, 7th rush. Good thing we got rid of that Perry Fewell guy:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Can it. This board would have erupted in flames if we kept Fewell as HC or DC. Or did you forget the Jauron purge that was in effect 8 months ago?

PTR